Author Topic: Secondry Throttle Valve Actuator (STVA) Servo Motor  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
Secondry Throttle Valve Actuator (STVA) Servo Motor
« on: January 18, 2011, 10:56:05 »
Looking for a STVA servo motor, mine is opening the valve, but struggling to close it. It's intermittedly working and causing me lots of grief. I'd be interested in the whole throttle bodies assembly if I can get that (has to include the STVA server and STVA sensor.) 2nd hand only as I can't affor it new and I'm skint. Please contact me via PM if you can help, thanks.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline Juvecu

Re: Secondry Throttle Valve Actuator (STVA) Servo Motor
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 13:33:03 »
Thought I'd check how much this is new, called Fowlers. You can't buy the servo seperately, have to buy the whole throttle bodies assembly. It's £691 new, my only option is to get this 2nd hand.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:34:25 »
Fairly obvious Juv, but have you checked out any motorcycle breakers? There are loads of them around the country, just google it and ring around? I've become stuff for bikes that way where the new price has made me feel physically sick!  :-x
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Juvecu

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 15:18:20 »
I managed to find a complete assembly at some bike breakers. I booked the day off tomorrow to go pick it up and then I'll do the replacement. Got it for £130 cash and I might be able to sell of some bits from my old one to make a few £s back.

This fault is costing me a lot of money, my fuel consumption has more than doubled meaning I've spent just short of £50 per day for the last few days to and from work (that's ~£200 for 4 days worth of fuel :bawl:) The bike is running very rough, it's struggling to idle and the idle revs are all over the place. :limp: It backfires itself to a stall at lower idle revs. Very difficult to filter with the revs like that and at higher revs there is a lot of vibration extra. I'll be glad when it's back in proper running condition.

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 09:22:10 »
Good luck with the fitting, Juvecu !  :fix:  :thumb:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Iggy

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 09:59:08 »
I take it you checked all the obvious things like nothing stuck in the linkages or they couldn't be freed up somehow or anything. The screw holding the front airbox-to-throttle bodies rubber runs very close to the secondary linkages.........

Iggy
Brand loyal ?  Nope - anything will do if its got two wheels and an engine !

Offline Juvecu

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 17:23:56 »
Yeps, spent the better part of 2 hours trying to get it to work, cleaning it and making sure everything moves as it should. The 2nd hand one I had bought had one push rod bent, I took the rod from the faulty assembly. The STVA sensor had some damage where the wires goes into the sensor, but the wires are all in tact, really just a plastic guide bit that broke and it doesn't affect the working of the sensor at all. I put the new assembly on yesterday and I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear when I heard the bike idling properly again. I did a STV sync and balanced the throttle bodies while I was at it. Went out for a ride today and arrived home with a grin again. All is good in the world if your broken done bike is fixed again  :lala: