Author Topic: Tutoro Fitting  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Hutchie

Tutoro Fitting
« on: May 22, 2010, 18:13:12 »
Easy peasy

Attach tutoro tube bit to passenger peg bracket...

Attach tube that feeds the oil to the chain along the swinging arm (it has a bit of ally wire in it, so bends and holds it's shape quite well. (sorry its blurry, just showing the cable ties really)

Move the twin feed end so it is on either side of your sprocket, but not too far in or it will oil the slots in the sprocket, it's easy, OK. (this pic shows the twin feed at the sprocket, if you look really closely , hehehe)

Fill with oil (it takes any old oil, I used scottoiler oil I had lyin about )
Turn the knob on the tube (see pic 1) about 5 full turns anti clockwise. there's a big white dot on it, and on the tube, so you know where you are.
This primes it. Once oil drips out the twinfeed end turn the thing 5 turns clockwise till it is shut (stopped).

Now , clean the end of the twinfeed, and your sprocket.
Turn the knob about 2-3 turns anti clockwise, and time how often a drip comes out the end.
Turn it in or out until you get a drip a minute.
Now, carefully turn to fully closed, taking mental note of how many turns (number X).

Job done.

Every time you set off , turn it anticlockwise to the number X, and every time you stop, turn it clockwise till it is closed.

Easy peasy, harder to explain than to do

:neen:

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
Re: Tutoro Fitting
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 15:31:06 »
Seeing as there is already a topic for the fitment of the Tuturo chain oiler I'll add what I did to this one.

I opted for putting the chain oiler tube inside the left rear fairing and fitted an extra valve inline to use as an on/off for the flow. I put the oil pipe below the swingarm. Here's a link to a photo album with the pictures. As usual, there's some captions to explain the photos.

I got the valve off Ebay, item #: 380135654815.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog