Author Topic: Wiring help required !  (Read 555 times)

Offline duck-strom

• Bike: DL650XT
Wiring help required !
« on: September 27, 2023, 21:31:49 »
Hi all,
I've been getting stuck into renewing my clutch cable and in the process noticed a couple of wires which have rubbed through to the cores. The clutch cable is routed directly over these wires and they come off the wiring loom just behind the three connectors under the left side fairing.

I've got two questions basically.

Does anyone know what these wires (black & white and pink/red &green) are for?
Has anyone else came across this issue and what was your solution?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Yamaha FS1E >Yamaha DT125> Yamaha DT175 > CB400N > Yamaha XJ650 > SV650s > Aprilia SL1000R >> DL 650XT

Offline duck-strom

• Bike: DL650XT
Re: Wiring help required !
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 22:15:26 »
Okay, now that I've had a look under the air filter, I'll reply to my own post  lol

What I was looking at was the connector above the radiator, it appears that the pair of wires that had rubbed through are for the "Accessory Connector" which I think on earlier models was used to connect the heated grips. On my 2016 DL650 xt the heated grip connector is inside the right hand side of the fairing, I use it for powering a USB charger.

I just taped over each wire individually then taped them over together, covered over the connector with tape and taped the lot up against the main cable farther up. I also put in a piece of rubber to stop the clutch cable chafing the main loom.

Hope this is of help to anyone who finds this issue.

Yamaha FS1E >Yamaha DT125> Yamaha DT175 > CB400N > Yamaha XJ650 > SV650s > Aprilia SL1000R >> DL 650XT