Author Topic: Seat Job.  (Read 600 times)

Online Upt North

• Bike: DL650 L7
Seat Job.
« on: March 14, 2023, 16:41:36 »
I'll post before and after pics. The seat was way too low and,.......errrrr......crap.
It's raised 2" at the front, 1" at the rear and has moved out sideways a lot.
There's gel front and rear.
I'm pleased with the work the chaps done, when I picked it up he said it will be his last individual seat, he's just too busy with oem stuff for Triumph and CCM etc.
Can't say what it's like on a ride yet but it feels very nice and I can still flat foot with both feet at 6'4". It's not my first seat from him
Upt.

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
Re: Seat Job.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 21:42:55 »
That looks good and I'm sure the gel will make a massive difference to comfort on even short rides. The extra hight for you and pillion will give your long legs more room to stretch out too. Propper job.  :thumb:
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.

Online Upt North

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 23:11:16 »
Thanks Dr.
I found on my previous "Les" seat, that it feels very firm at first but extends comfortable ride time by about times two. Initially it feels a little strange because not only am I two inches higher but you don't sink in either.
The legs are now in a very relaxed position together with the extra inch I gained from lowering the pegs.
Upt.

Offline porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 16:56:27 »
That does look like a good comfortable seat and the correct way to go about it also, unlike me. I've bought 3 seats now and none where the answer I was looking for!  The Shad and Sargent where slightly more comfortable than the oe but not the 100 or so miles I was hoping for.  Then I tried the Suzuki tall seat, at first I didn't like it but I found the extra leg room was a great improvement and it's the seat I use most apart from when two up.
If I ever do this again I will do it your way not mine!

Online Upt North

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 18:56:22 »
I did consider going Suzuki oem tall seat but I knew it would be a compromise. Probably too soft and not high enough. The gel is quite strange, it's feels absolutely solid at first, but stays comfy for longer periods. Or it did on my Pan seat.
Les makes his own gel cushions, and would regularly be changing oem/Shad gels with his own.
But it seems if I ever need another one I'll have to find another builder.
We didn't make a habit of it, but did 400 + mile days with his Pan seat.
Upt.

Offline Ianmc

• Bike: DL650AL5
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 21:39:04 »
     I managed to get a high gel seat for my L2,I spotted it on Fleabay at a bike breakers site,and on a picture of the underneath I spotted a part number.Looked it up and found it used to be an optional extra.Got a bargain and it is so comfy all day.
Ian Mc.