Author Topic: One Call Insurance  (Read 667 times)

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
One Call Insurance
« on: February 20, 2023, 16:31:38 »
I insured my bike with One Call Insurance last March and was very happy with the price.

I have found it almost impossible to contact them after a phone call a couple of days ago when I tried to make payment on the phone, my details would not be accepted. I tried to make payment repeatedly but it seems that my post code was not being recognised (so the chap on the phone told me) so payment was refused.

Today I received a letter with a reminder so phoned again on the same number as last time but couldn't make contact with anybody so I went online for a online chat, again I couldn't make contact. I even tried clicking the make a claim link and nothing came up regarding a online chat.

I won't insure with this company again and advise that although you may get a low quote from One Call Insurance, it seems to be worth no more than the paper it is written on.

I'm sorry for the rant but just wanted to warn our members and then you can do as you please.  :roll:

Reference my last. I am online to One Call now and 8th in the que. I'll let you know how I get on but I'm not expecting a good outcome. I'm totally wound up but will be polite on the chat.  :whistle:
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
Re: One Call Insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 17:01:25 »
So you're saying One Call won't do it? lol

Generally speaking dealing with insurance companies is my least favourite thing - I'd rather teabag an electric fence - so thank for the heads up about this.  :thumb:

Ride Coordinator

Offline Mr Nick

• Certified Fisher Price trained technician
  • Bike: 1979 Suzuki TS185ER, 1979 Moto Guzzi V50, 1989 Moto Guzzi SP3, 2010 KTM 990 Adv
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 17:08:04 »
I saw them come up as cheapest for me last time I had to renew one of the fleet, so I did a quick search of t'interwebs since I'd never come across them before. The results were pretty much all the same: you might be lucky to get through with one call in the time you are insured with them, but don't count on it. Cheap for a reason it would seem.
Seems pearl asbo orange is faster after all....

'Don't believe all the quotes in forum signatures' - Aristotle

'Ehh, good enough' - Mediocretes

Orange Bikes Matter!

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 17:35:45 »
Reference my live chat after starting this thread. I told the lady that I expect my policy to continue until 9th March and then don't want it to renew. I also mentioned that I don't expect anymore payments for anything to be taken from my account (although I don't think they could) and if there was then I would contact the ombudsman immediately.

The reply confirmed that this would be what would happen and I was given an apology for the frustration caused so, everything is okay now but I still would not recommend them to my worst enemy, well actually, I would. Rant over. Sorry.  :)

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 19:21:01 »
I insure my car with them, always the best price and they're about six miles from us. I took my proof of no-claims to them in person, in to reception and somebody came and took a copy. It reminds me of the olden days when you'd insure with a broker with a shop and people.

The modern world dictates that any semblance of decency, service or politeness is sadly a thing of past and never to return.
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Rookie

• Bike: DL1000 K7
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 20:01:12 »
 lol lol lol sorry I'm stuck with a picture of Mr Diver in my head.
That ain't rain it's liquid sunshine 🌞

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2023, 21:03:50 »
Doc, are you still in the chat queue??  :eusa-doh:

Online StromGeeza

• Global Moderator
  • Bike: just scoots now
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2023, 07:31:22 »
I can't recommend One Call. Following a claim, they were woeful. I complained to the Ombudsman, who duly upheld my complaints. It took around 2 years to be resolved, and even then I still wasn't in the position I would have been in, if the accident hadn't occurred...

Offline V-Twin

• Bike: Fantic Caballero Deluxe 500
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2023, 21:49:23 »

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2023, 21:58:39 »
Thank you for posting the above, that just about sums them up. I will almost definitely pay more tomorrow when I walk into the brokers who I have used before but it will be worth every extra penny.