Author Topic: Do our police need a makeover ?  (Read 855 times)

Offline Landsurfer74

• Bike: Suzuki V-Strom, MZ TS 125/150 x 2.
Do our police need a makeover ?
« on: January 23, 2023, 17:53:00 »
Lots of negative stuff about our Police in the press recently ....

There is an alternative .... watch it all ...
Per Ardua Ad Astra.

"There are only three sports: Cycle Time Trials, Motorcycle Racing, and Mountaineering; ... all the rest are merely games.​"

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
Re: Do our police need a makeover ?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 18:14:41 »
Despite the patriotism of many an the threat of life and in some states, death in prison, thier crime rate is huge.

Imagine a police inspector doing the same in the UK,  he'd get cancelled instantly due to all the snowflake wokes who'll be offended.  lol

Edit ... it wouldn't even get on national TV.    lol

Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline Landsurfer74

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 18:21:20 »
Exactly ! ... maybe we need more of the Captains than the murdering and raping Police we have ...
Just remember how much they loved Covid ... how they bullied the people they are supposed to protect ...
I'll have the Captain any day .....
Per Ardua Ad Astra.

"There are only three sports: Cycle Time Trials, Motorcycle Racing, and Mountaineering; ... all the rest are merely games.​"

Offline StromGeeza

• Global Moderator
  • Bike: just scoots now
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 18:54:56 »
Feck me: have the 'proud boys' nut jobs bought their very own police officer?  :crazy:

Only those with 'minimal endowment' get into 'my firepower is bigger than yours' dick waving thing!  :crazy:

Offline Rookie

• Bike: DL1000 K7
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 19:58:37 »
As always an alternative opinion, which must be heard !
That ain't rain it's liquid sunshine 🌞

Offline Gert

• Bike: DL650 K5 Blue, DL650 K6 Red
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 07:58:26 »
A friend messaged this morning that at roughly 03:00 this morning, his daughter's 80 year old father-in-law plus his daughter went outside to investigate a noise. They came across two males attempting to steal the batteries from their vehicles parked in the yard.
A brief altercation occured and the 80 year old father-inlaw was shot through the chest. Luck has it, that the bullet went clean through missing his vital organs. He is currently in ICU.  He is expected to make a full recovery.
The chances are good at these same thieves who got away, won't hesiate to use leathal force on any of their next victums who try to resist or who attempts to protect their personal property...

Offline Hugo Magnus

• Ride Coordinator
  • Bike: DL650A L3, DR-Z400s Multistrada 1260ST
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 10:49:44 »
What is the answer? I live out in the sticks and from time to time go out to investigate when an alarm goes off. I may take a stick to steady myself but guns stay securely locked away.
The interruptions ARE the journey  (Ted Simon)

Ride Coordinator

Offline Landsurfer74

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 13:31:23 »
I'm on the STROMTROOPER site as well as this one .... the Cousins have Bear Guns they take fishing !! Small revolvers to fit in their bike bags .... concealed carry weapons are the norm .... Here its knife crime for gangs... over there the "gangbangers" (means something different in Europe) are armed .. so the police have to be as well ....
Nearly all our police are armed these days ..(they are)... but the population, on the whole, aren't.
Which is the free'r society ?
Per Ardua Ad Astra.

Offline Landsurfer74

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 13:39:38 »
What is the answer? I live out in the sticks and from time to time go out to investigate when an alarm goes off. I may take a stick to steady myself but guns stay securely locked away.

And when the thieves stab you or open fire on you and kill or maim you they will break into your gun safe and steal those as well ....
Per Ardua Ad Astra.

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2023, 13:59:21 »
He has done nothing other than to put a target on his back. Maybe that is his game, draw them out then kill them. That's a dangerous game, I hope he doesn't have a wife and kids. He is either very brave or very stupid, I think the latter.
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.

Offline Landsurfer74

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2023, 14:35:21 »
I think he's brave. I had many comrades in the armed forces that would not yield ... ever.
To give in to evil is to support it.
Per Ardua Ad Astra.

Offline 2112

• Bike: Honda 750 Transalp, Victory Crossroads 1731
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2023, 09:35:33 »
It's an interesting watch and it makes you understand why there are so many gittery Police officers in the US of A who will fire first and then ask questions later. We've been to the 'states a fair few times now and have noticed that you are considered a threat by law enforcement & border guards until you prove otherwise. After that it's all good and you will get the classic 'have a nice day' at the end of any interaction. We had a chat with a State Trooper in a store in the middle of nowhere in Montana a few years ago. For the first two minuets of the conversation he hung onto his gun like he was glued to it. Once the penny dropped we actually were a pair of genuine tourists it was all change, couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. In fact, we had a job shaking him off and had to have a guided tour of his 'cruiser' and all the weapons (pump action shotgun, assault rifle & taser stick) before we could go on our way. Septic's eh ?
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'