Author Topic: BIKE SHOW NEC  (Read 1145 times)

Offline falkland bomber

• Bike: Kawasaki Versy's 1000 Grand Tourer
BIKE SHOW NEC
« on: November 23, 2022, 12:48:40 »
Hi

My missus and I went to the bike show yesterday, we went mainly to look at the new bike I have bought her for her 60th birthday next April .
Back in September our local Triumph dealership Youles in Blackburn lent her for the day a Triumph Bonneville 1200 speed master she was very nervous about riding a bike other than her own but a big thanks to Adam who was brilliant  at putting her at ease , we had a great day and covered some 120 miles and the grin she had said it all.

She  loved the seat hight she could get her feet on the ground also she could push the bile around the car park also the comfort and how her confidence just grew mile by mile.

So we have bought her the chrome edition in diablo red see photos again her little face just lit up when she saw it for the first time .

But the biggest spin off is that she wants me to purchase a Rocket 3 also chrome addition in diablo red and seeing them both together yesterday I have ordered a new one too.

I will arrange a test ride in the spring and if all goes well we will both have new Triumphs in the spring.

As for the show not as big as we thought all the manufacturers were there but for us Triumph stole the show but what do you think/

Old Bald Soldier

Offline grumps

• Bike: DL650A M0, BMW R1250RT. Yamaha X-Max 300
Re: BIKE SHOW NEC
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 13:15:31 »
Lucky man!!  Wife rides a bike and orders you to buy a Rocket 3.  :lala:

If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer.

Online Rixington43

• Bike: DL1000GT K7
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 13:24:58 »
I do like the Speedmaster and the Rocket, I would want to test ride one on a super bright sunny day though to see how that tank blinds me or boils my eggs so to speak. I'll bet you didn't argue much being told what to do :)
As for the show, I'm there Saturday..........

Offline falkland bomber

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 13:45:25 »
Well

I was only doing as I was told I even offered to buy the Tiger 900 as these are good value compared to its bigger brother the 1200 but she said no you can have have the Rocket.

So being a good boy I reluctantly agreed and bowed to her superior ways.

:grin:
Old Bald Soldier

Offline grumps

• Bike: DL650A M0, BMW R1250RT. Yamaha X-Max 300
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 14:21:33 »
If you ever get divorced can I please have first dibs on Mrs Bomber?👍😊🏍🏍
If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer.

Offline 2112

• Bike: Honda 750 Transalp, Victory Crossroads 1731
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 18:09:07 »
 lol lol lol

As a former 'Rocketeer' I can say the are a big giggle on the road. I had the 'little' 2300cc Touring version and it was a hoot, not really that much use to be honest, but a lot of fun. I would have another, but not as an 'only' bike.
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Rookie

• Bike: DL1000 K7
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2022, 19:47:13 »
I've never considered this before, but would you be interested in a wife swap . Just for the day of my visit of course  :shock:
That ain't rain it's liquid sunshine 🌞

Offline jabmotorsport

• Four Time Quad Bike Champion
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2022, 11:17:12 »
I've not yet had the chance to ride a rocket, but really do want to ... It does seem a bit ridiculous  :auto-dirtbike:
tinker, tweek, fettle....bodge, bang, bugger!!!

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2022, 18:43:57 »
44Teeth just had a small ride on a Supercharged Rocket III
(It's obviously not enough in standard...  :auto-dirtbike: )

Offline falkland bomber

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2022, 20:05:46 »
Sorry 2112 but Mrs FB is not available I'm afraid good women like her is hard to find , I have watched on U Tube a couple of super charged Rockets but to be fair the big standard one is more than enough for me can't wait for the spring to test ride one :auto-dirtbike:
Old Bald Soldier

Offline Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2022, 20:23:43 »
I love the Rocket for what it is. First time I saw one, I'd been working Saturday and was rushing up to Ribblehead for a camping/drinking weekend which everyone else had already set off for. Just out of Skipton I passed a huge blue R3 tourer only for it to pull out and come alongside. I looked across at the rider. It was one of the aforesaid mates, up from Brum, on the Triumph demo bike. He had the biggest silly grin on his face. I didn't know he'd got a new job and was allowed to play with the toys. Massive cruiser, plenty of road presence, tons of grunt. Enjoy it, be prepared for lots of grinding noises in the twisty bits.

Online crump

• Bike: DL650XT L5, Yamaha FJR1300
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2022, 23:24:20 »
Me and my mate went today, enjoyed the day out.
For years I've been mainly interested in big tourers but since I got the 650 Strom I've changed my allegiance to middleweight adventure bikes. Was looking forward to seeing the new Transalp and 800 vstrom, also another look at the Tenere 700.
Unfortunately they all seemed too tall, too heavy so I'll be sticking with the 650 for the foreseeable.
Actually the bike that took my fancy surprised me, as I'd always thought them too expensive and a bit overrated, the KTM 890 adventure. Felt comfy, I could get both feet almost flat and only 198kgs. Still a bit dear at 11000+ grand but fancy a go on one.
Something else that got me and my mates nostalgia going was the Fantic Caballero, 700 twin roadster. Back in the day the Caballero was 50cc sports moped, trail style...much cooler than a Fs1E, SS50, AP50 etc. Amazingly still built in Italy.

Online Rixington43

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2022, 07:47:18 »
Off to Brum this morning.
Missus will say everything is too tall, I'll say everything's too cramped and impossible to work on yourself. We'll both keep our current bikes.
We'll enjoy looking though........

Offline 2112

• Bike: Honda 750 Transalp, Victory Crossroads 1731
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2022, 10:21:20 »
Sorry 2112 but Mrs FB is not available

I don't recall requesting her  :shrug:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red. 2021 Royal Enfield 500 Classic stealth.
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2022, 13:30:00 »
 lol I think it was Rookie
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Online Rixington43

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2022, 10:31:23 »
Good day out on Saturday, insanely busy which was a bit of a change from our mid-week Covid trip last year.
BMW demo stage was great as always. I think their off road school may be in my future somewhere.
New Stroms are tidy, both very tall as expected with the suspension being jacked up, the cynic in me says they'll make a tidy profit on the low seat option which was fitted to them at the show. Won't get me off my '07 Vee though as neither are what I'd call immediately comfortable.
I hate fins going on everything thanks to MotoGP, Benelli had fitted aero fins and fake carbon to a 125, STOP IT!
Have we reached peak hipster retro scrambler yet or can CCM find/create more niches?

* Yes I'm a terrible cliche but the Fat Boy started it all for me in T2 and I'll always have a massive soft spot for it.
Not everything was too tall though ;)

Offline timangus

• Global Biker
  • Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2022, 11:38:15 »
I went on the Saturday. 2 hours to get in from the M42 to park for £17. No concession on the ticket prices and £5 for a show brochure, and a crowded three hall venue. By contrast I was at the Classic Car Show there two weeks previously. All slightly cheaper, over 5 halls and a free show guide.

As for the bikes, I felt the new 800 a little underwhelming, and it is heavier that the 650 V twin. I was impressed by the Benelli which was well finished and had the neatest heated seat switches as part of the mirror mounts.

Offline purplebikeunicorn

• Bike: DL650A L7
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2022, 20:28:11 »
Early door prices were £22 a ticket, £10 for parking, and the show guide was available on the website for free if you didn't want a hard copy.

My biggest disappointment about the show was that they didn't specify which bikes had a licence restriction on them (a large quantity of manufacturers wanted a minimum of a year licence held)... so ended up on a Himalayan in the test ride zone. Granted, a fantastic fun little bike nonetheless!

Also, the hilarity when I realised that there was no way I am getting a 1050 because I have very tiny legs...

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2022, 11:31:50 »
Please don't let reduced leg growth put you off, I have a comedy 30" inside leg and I learned to adapt. I can only manage one foot on the ground (flat footed) and have to dismount to either reverse park or for any kind of maneuvering exercise.

The upside to short leg syndrome is relaxed riding and plenty of leg room.
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red. 2021 Royal Enfield 500 Classic stealth.
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2022, 13:01:57 »
Yes and those high heeled shoes must help
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.