Author Topic: nearly came in my pants  (Read 581 times)

Offline Holmsey

• Bike: DL650 L9
nearly came in my pants
« on: November 02, 2022, 17:58:43 »
Doing my new job I go all over but today was an an eye opener. I had to take some aluminium sheets to an aircraft maintenance company in Bedfordshire, it was down a tight country road into a farm. I was a bit wary driving my Artic towards it as the roads were getting narrow and I had a fear I was going to get stuck, but the road opened up and I drove into the farm which turns out to be a small industrial estate. At the end of the road was a large aircraft hanger I walked through the small door and was confronted with a Spitfire  :icon_drool5:
The mechanic was talking to me but I wasn't listening ... It was amazing. I got chatting with him and he told me they service the Spitfire belonging to the RAF and were currently rebuilding 2 more amongst other old aircraft . he offered to show me around as I was so interested but I was behind schedule so I could not stay but did say I can go back on my days off and have a proper look. I was that excited that I forgot to take pictures  :crazy: but I did get to stroke the wing of the Spit before I left.
Life on two wheels is better than 4 because the wife don't go on two wheels                " I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE "

IBA Member
RBLR 1000 - 2018 -2019
Armistice 1000 - 2018

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
Re: nearly came in my pants
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 19:21:32 »
Here you go... Just in case you bump into another old bird .. :icon_wink:
Chief trouble maker 🙂