Author Topic: What Did You Do Today On Your Bike?  (Read 13126 times)

Offline imacwalker

Re: What Did You Do Today On Your Bike?
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2010, 18:26:50 »
took the mrs to look at a flat, went had lunch in the meadows, then went for a ride along the coast back to drop her off in leith

Anonymous

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2010, 19:40:57 »
Bike now fully run in so I took my better half out for our 1st long run, 128 miles, not that long for the seasoned bikers amongst you, but way longer than any thing we've done so far. We even managed a pic nic in the sun.

This is the route;

The part from Deepdale to Hawes was breathtaking and the road from Hawes to Leyburn was the most fun I've had in ages.

Offline Tall-n-thin

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2010, 20:24:41 »
Cleaned more flies off my screen & visor than David Attenborough's seen in his entire career!
DL650 Wee, MRA Vario tall screen, Oxford Hotgrips, Cymarc frame protectors, DL1000 seat (for that extra inch), Scottoiler, Cut Peashooter, mudguard Extenda, GPS mount made from idiot strip.

Offline Hutchie

« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2010, 20:31:22 »
Deploderer, that's a cracking road you were on today, eh. I was up there a few weeks back , and had a great ride around a good bit of your route.

Offline medic5

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2010, 21:03:56 »
Ride it every day to work. 1st service now done for £118.00 by West London. The bike runs like a dream, puts the old Harley Davidson to shame! Wife comes out on it at anytime just for the grin.
Most runs are to Boxhill, Newlands corner, and all the great small roads in-between.
The Bentleys, Porches, RR, Lotus don’t stand a chance on these roads as the Weeee handles brill!
 :)))  :clap:

Offline stevie-m

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2010, 21:41:19 »
Went to the North West 200, great days craic.

Offline Dash65

« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2010, 14:40:53 »
Hi everyone, went up to hartside cafe via penrith then back through Middleton Tees-dale, a great run and its the first time I've done since I wiped-out on some mud on the road, it was a bit breezy up at Hartside but a great run. :grin:
Darren.

Offline V-Strom-Mark

« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2010, 20:57:03 »
Got out and rode for the first time in just over a month. I actually had to think about what I was doing for a minute or two and for a second I was wondering why the bloke on the Harley was waving at me.  :shy:

Now I just have to give it a good clean.  :shock:
Mark.

There's someone in my head but it's not me.   Roger Waters

Offline Dodge

« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2010, 08:37:17 »
Went for a ride down to Woburn as a mate collected his spanking new Triumph Thunderbird.... what a piece of kit 1700cc and loads of chrome....then we all went for a 1 hour ride ending up in Cardington for a drink and chat... he grounded the pegs on at least 2 roundabouts....very low to the ground....pretty but not in Strom territory...too flash for me....
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to Skid in Sidways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Here I am --- What a Ride!"

Offline Rambo

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2010, 09:01:48 »
Quote from: "jaminben"
first camping trip off the year with a good run on Sat and Sun in the blistering hot sun.

headed from Edinburgh up through Auchterarder (past Gleneagles) and up to Crieff. then on to Aberfeldy. carried on through Kenmore, Killin, Crianlarich and stayed over night in Glencoe. good night in the Red Squirrel and Clachaig pub.

spotted one Vee and two Wees while away. one of the Wees (red one) was on the campsite with an SV650. headed back down the road yesterday through Callander.

not seen so many bikes for a long time. Tyndrum and the Green Welly Stop was mobbed. hundreds of bikes. loads of 'trains' of bikes on the way back down the road too with an extra helping of police presence and camera vans.

all in all a good trip and found the bike to handle better fully loaded up. have noticed a nasty 'cough' around 2500-3000 rpm. seems to splutter. can only think it's the air fuel mixture.

JAMI   I had silimar probs to the point the damn thing was cutting out ... ask your dealer/mecanic about putting it on a 'yoshi' electronic diagnostics/tuner  cured mine straight off.... it was like riding a different bike when it came back, if I remember rightly it was because it was running lean. (I'm sure I put a post on here somewhere about it).
If you fight with an inanimate object long enough you'll eventually win !!

Offline Eric The Viking

• I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list!
  • Bike: Suzuki GSX 650 F, Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 XCA
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2010, 19:14:35 »
Rode the Vee for the first time since my 'off' in March, a bit strange to start with but when the fuel light flashed, I filled it up with go juice and it brought back all the old memories.
Blimey 'ain't fuel gone up, I've not put any in since December. :wtf:  :shock:

Only did 20 miles or so as a shakedown to make sure the repairs had been done properly and everything had been aligned and tightened.  So far so good, just need a ride out on Sat to HG at Braintree to buy new kit and I'm off.  

See you! :grin:  :)))
Keep The Shiny Side Up And Your Helmet Polished

Honda SS50, Kawasaki KH250 B2, Honda CB400/4 F2, Kawasaki KE125, Honda CB250N Super Dream, Yamaha RD250, Honda CB250N Super Dream (again), Honda CB750/4 F2, Kawasaki ZZR1100 D7, Suzuki V Strom DL650 K8, Suzuki V Strom DL1000 K6, Suzuki GSX 650F, Piaggio Fly 125, Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 XCA, Mini-Moto Ducati replica.

Offline putbinoot

• Bike: WEE, KLX250, GasGas 250, GasGas 125
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2010, 21:57:01 »
Came to work again, oh the twisties on the M8. :bawl:

Offline Dazzlin

• Bike: Vstrom 650XT (2017)
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2010, 14:32:30 »
Fitted my latest bling :) since I can't get out on it at the moment.

Power adapter from Touratech, now I can use my IPhone for Sat Nav.

Darren

Offline imacwalker

« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2010, 18:01:33 »
just back from a 200mile drive from edinburgh up the coast of fife and back- quite an impressive bug collection

Offline bigdunk

« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2010, 21:06:31 »
I went out collecting dead flies aswell,lovely little trip over the cat and fiddle to Matlock bath....thank god I had my mesh jacket on,or I would have boiled to death(do we ever stop moaning about the weather :shrug: )

Offline Dracula

« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2010, 23:24:37 »
did ashbourne, buxton, bakewell, Matlock. 2hrs of early morning bliss. 3hrs of hellish cleaning...... bloody flies covered everything to the point of no visibility thu visor or screen.
"There are no ugly women..... Just not enough Vodka!"

Offline imacwalker

« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2010, 13:03:14 »
About to leave for a camping trip for the night. bike is loaded with enough gear for a week or two... photos will follow

Offline Hutchie

« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2010, 14:02:37 »
You picked the weather for a night camping, eh, should be grand.

I met Dracula, talked pish, smoked fags, swapped seats, rode for 2 hours across the peaks, avoiding the many many many shiny motorcycles out for the day. Easily avoided, just don't go on the main road to Matlock :)

Now, it's too warm, so it's motogp and a bit of a lazy afternoon. Ride out with mrs me this evening though, yay

Offline V-Strom-Mark

« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2010, 14:56:01 »
I'm heading out to this place http://www.spirittreecider.com/ to try their cider.  As my other half is somewhat mobile now, I'll get out of her hair for a bit, plus it's only 15 minutes from home.

Report on cider to follow.  :grin:
Mark.

Offline V-Strom-Mark

« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2010, 19:01:50 »
Bugger, two more weeks until it's for sale.  It's ready to be bottled but they are still sorting out the permits etc.  It'll be Strongbow, Magners , Rekorderlig etc. 'till then.   :GRR:
Mark.