Author Topic: What Did You Do Today On Your Bike?  (Read 13122 times)

Offline spanner

Re: What Did You Do Today On Your Bike?
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2010, 16:25:03 »
A little bit belated, but had my first ride to Poole Quay on Tuesday 6 April.

Loads of bikes and loads of police as well, don't think there was any trouble, lots of noisey exhausts, first trip there on the wee, and first night ride, the headlight is great, able to blind stupid car drivers who don't dip for bikes.

Can't wait for next week if the sun is still out.
FSIE, TS100, RD350LC YPVS, GPZ900R, Z750LTD, CB900BOL D'OR, RXS100,CB750KZ, BANDIT600 (x2), GSXR600. WEE.

Offline coopmick

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2010, 17:23:37 »
Fancy going one night but working nights put pay to that  ###  ###  ###
Treat life's little problems like your dog would ... If you can't eat it or shag it, ... Piss on it and walk away!!!

Offline jaminben

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2010, 11:32:44 »
first camping trip off the year with a good run on Sat and Sun in the blistering hot sun.

headed from Edinburgh up through Auchterarder (past Gleneagles) and up to Crieff. then on to Aberfeldy. carried on through Kenmore, Killin, Crianlarich and stayed over night in Glencoe. good night in the Red Squirrel and Clachaig pub.

spotted one Vee and two Wees while away. one of the Wees (red one) was on the campsite with an SV650. headed back down the road yesterday through Callander.

not seen so many bikes for a long time. Tyndrum and the Green Welly Stop was mobbed. hundreds of bikes. loads of 'trains' of bikes on the way back down the road too with an extra helping of police presence and camera vans.

all in all a good trip and found the bike to handle better fully loaded up. have noticed a nasty 'cough' around 2500-3000 rpm. seems to splutter. can only think it's the air fuel mixture.
jaminben

Offline imacwalker

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2010, 13:49:18 »
had a long Sunday ride up north, the weather was great, hardly any wind, saw a few strom's. however did see a varadero haulling Donkey! on the way through callander/killmahog. was impressive.
here's my route. 412miles.

http://twitpic.com/1ey7eu

Offline fiatman

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2010, 08:23:11 »
Dropped the front suspension 15mm, wear is now one inch further up the tyre wall already without trying, highly recommended :grin: . Fitted an Autocom avi pro 18 months old £21 off ebay, lol  went for a run with wife last night very impressed also fitted a MP3 player for some tunes, have to get the bit for the mobile yet and a bike to bike radio to chat to mate. Loving the weestrom so far.

Offline jaminben

« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2010, 11:09:41 »
after bowing to peer pressure and removing the baffles from my shiny new Beowulf cans, yesterday I put them back in.

the bike had developed a 'cough' which I suspected (more like hoped) had something to do with the cans.  :shrug:

after replacing the baffles, the bike runs smoother, accelerates better and the 'cough' has become more of a splutter. I guess the back pressure wasn't great enough without the baffles and the engine wasn't getting enough fuel.

much happier now  :grin:
jaminben

Offline paxovasa

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2010, 12:21:09 »
Rode it to work :shy:
“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Offline jetmoo

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2010, 08:00:03 »
Rode to work - Holmfirth to Manchester Airport on the Woodhead Pass.
Called in at Suzuki in Hyde and picked up an OEM backrest they had in stock.
The Missus should enjoy that a bit more than jamming a beanbag up her jacket.
Also picked up an intercom and so my days off will be a fitting frenzy.

Camping trip to the aerobatics
competition at Elvington planned for Friday. Should be good!

Offline bigdunk

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2010, 18:12:45 »
a little late as it was on saturday 24th april
I rode from Birkenhead on the Wirral to Whitley Bay(Newcastle) to play rugby for 24 minutes(10,s comp) and then rode back......386 miles,6.5 hours and I still had to sort out the dinner(chippy...pie dinner,the only thing that kept me going).....am I dedicated to my rugby club,or am I just stupid? :shrug:  :crazy:

Offline jaminben

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2010, 22:28:12 »
any excuse to get on your bike . . . . . .
jaminben

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2010, 12:20:26 »
I rode to work too, only 9 miles but...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4368

may make it clearer..
No bike at present.......

firestrom

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2010, 18:30:34 »
I'm currently running the bike in so I did a 200 mile little trip today Sheffield to grantham via gunthorpe bridge then headed out towards skegvegas onto Louth then cleethorpes for fish and chips home via the back wacks to Gainsborough, Bawtry and Blyth. A grand day out bikes loosening up nicely and I'm getting the use of the different handling characteristics, I lowered the screen back down to its lowest position as the high setting was giving loads of buffeting, still grinning like a cheshire cat though :thumb:  Worked out my first mpg as well and on my first tankful returned 64mpg :clap:

Offline Hutchie

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2010, 19:37:31 »
Had a horrible moany arse day at work, and a boring ride home.
Until a bloke on a shiny GSX1400 appeared in my mirror, just as I hit the twisty road (about 6 miles worth)

Poor bloke didn't stand a chance , not cos I'm fast, but cos the wee is great on back roads, and cos I was in such a foul mood that I was not taking prisoners.

He'll be on the site soon, new weestrom owner, if he's any sense :)

(Aye, I know it's mental, but what would life be like without a bit of mental? Eh?)

Anyway, I doubt if the grin on my face will be gone before the morning, I am hyper :)

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200, Victory Crossroads 1731
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2010, 19:50:08 »
Pulled the rear wheel out and had a new tyre fitted today (Distanzia), I'll pop the bugger back in tomorrow as I've booked a good skive from work   :thumb:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Eric The Viking

• I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list!
  • Bike: Suzuki GSX 650 F, Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 XCA
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2010, 16:03:50 »
Sent it back to the repairers,  ###  :GRR: they've fitted the wrong crash bars (cheapo Suzuki ones not the Fehlings I had) and left the tank cover off.
Apart from that it looked as good as new.

Pity I still can't ride, but it would have looked nice in the garage. :sarc:
Keep The Shiny Side Up And Your Helmet Polished

Honda SS50, Kawasaki KH250 B2, Honda CB400/4 F2, Kawasaki KE125, Honda CB250N Super Dream, Yamaha RD250, Honda CB250N Super Dream (again), Honda CB750/4 F2, Kawasaki ZZR1100 D7, Suzuki V Strom DL650 K8, Suzuki V Strom DL1000 K6, Suzuki GSX 650F, Piaggio Fly 125, Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 XCA, Mini-Moto Ducati replica.

Anonymous

« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2010, 20:44:56 »
Nearly through out my shoulder! Lifted the bike off the side stand, moved it forward a couple of feet, set it back down....... shit no side stand. I now know just how heavy the bike is :shock:

Offline Hutchie

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2010, 21:32:07 »
nice save though, cheaper to let your shoulder heal

Offline Rambo

« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2010, 00:10:13 »
Quote from: "Hutchie"
Had a horrible moany arse day at work, and a boring ride home.
Until a bloke on a shiny GSX1400 appeared in my mirror, just as I hit the twisty road (about 6 miles worth)

Poor bloke didn't stand a chance , not cos I'm fast, but cos the wee is brilliant on back roads, and cos I was in such a foul mood that I was not taking prisoners.

He'll be on the site soon, new weestrom owner, if he's any sense :)

(Aye, I know it's mental, but what would life be like without a bit of mental? Eh?)

Anyway, I doubt if the grin on my face will be gone before the morning, I am hyper :)

I think the term is A MAD MOMENT we all have 'em now & then....   thought the fite with the yanks might have cheered you up....  they were almost admitting defeat at on point    :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
If you fight with an inanimate object long enough you'll eventually win !!

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200, Victory Crossroads 1731
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2010, 17:43:22 »
Today I have had a cracking run out - down to Whitby, accross to Helmsley, up to Stokesley (recommended) and then home. 200 miles in total and I've not seen another 'Strom all day - where is everyone ???   :shrug:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Hutchie

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2010, 18:11:14 »
Ditto, cracking run out.

10:00 left the house
10:30 Walesby Garden Centre for a bacon butty (best in britain, everybody NEEDS to go there to start a ride out)
11:30 Renishaw Hall (via all sorts of wee back roads.

15:00 on to Chesterfield (via all sorts of wee back roads) , bit of cake shopping
15:30 middle of bloody nowhere as usual on the bike (wife navigating suddenly becomes fun on a weestrom , she now truly believes that no through road signs are a challenge, not an instruction) , she has had me riding through woods and all sorts, laughing our heads off.
16:00 stopped at a wee fishing lake somewhere to finish the flask of coffee, mmmmm, and a fresh cake
17:00 home

Bliss
Only 67 miles covered, but we laughed nearly every mile of them. Bike + wife + flask = happy hutchie.