Author Topic: What Did You Do Today On Your Bike?  (Read 13123 times)

Offline gallanto

Re: What Did You Do Today On Your Bike?
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 20:01:28 »
Had to be at work for lunchtime, so I got up at 5 and headed to Wales for breakfast. Quick swoop around the Brecon Beacons, near miss with a sheep and back for lunchtime... :)))
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere...

—Albert Einstein

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200, Victory Crossroads 1731
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 20:17:36 »
Plugged the Optimiser in as I'd for got the last time, spent the whole day in the garden ploating (severe pruning, for non Northumbrians) trees & shrubs. I also had a HUGE bonfire and despatched my rotten wooden furniture and assorted garden rubbish, nice. Summer is nigh if I'm gardening   :thumb:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline GrandadsV

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 20:31:25 »
No chance of getting out on the bike today, various offspring visiting.
But at least the grandson enjoyed the day, now 3, he spent most of the afternoon sitting on the Vee doing his best Scorpion end can impression. Had everyone rolling about with laughter :clap:  :clap:  
And of course they are never to young to start enjoying bikes :thumb:
Dick

"Spike Malignant" That well known typing error.

Offline Virgil Tracy

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 20:33:33 »
TPE!! I used to drive for them from june 2006 till december 2006 I now drive the big boys toys will give u a wave when I wizz through donny at 100mph :thumb:
Vee/Wee Strom probably the best bike in the world.

Offline doublevodka

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 22:30:53 »
went for a blast with SgtSmash on the Vee's to Llandovery for a cuppa, sennybridge, Crai, Craig - y Nos and Glynneath maccy d's for another cuppa then home, all in the pishing rain and loved every minute. Just confirmed how good the bike is as did the sames speeds on the main road to Llandovery on the vee in the wet as I would've done on my VFR in the dry!

Sooo glad I bought a strom :)
Alcohol, the cause, and solution to many of lifes problems!

Offline Tall-n-thin

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 22:34:02 »
1). Lubed the chain.

2). Cleaned my wheels(!)

3). Generally enjoyed owning my Wee.
DL650 Wee, MRA Vario tall screen, Oxford Hotgrips, Cymarc frame protectors, DL1000 seat (for that extra inch), Scottoiler, Cut Peashooter, mudguard Extenda, GPS mount made from idiot strip.

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 00:17:17 »
Took the wife out for the first time, I only took delivery of it ( the bike that is, not the wife ) last Saturday. Bacon butties at Squires then over to Beverly for coffee and cakes and back to Leeds via Wetwang. Weather stayed fine. Finally washed and waxed my pride and joy ( the bike again, although the wife comes a close second ) and put it to bed.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 21:27:12 »
Took the Pan up to Cupar from Glasgow for a workshop check - checked out great, so deal to order a brand new 650X went ahead!  155 mile round trip because local dealers can't be bothered chasing sales!!  New bike will be ready on 1st April.

PS.  Suzuki are increasing prices soon!

Offline Virgil Tracy

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 21:45:49 »
Monday 11:30 took my vee for a spin and tried out the new jacket,trousers and helmet from Aldi.....

Sunderland - Chester-le-street - Sunderland - South Shields along the coast back to Sunderland, a few bikes out and about but no stroms.

Ran into a 20 minute downpour on route and the rider wear held up quite well, claims that its good for all year riding, but I think its good for spring and late summer, its not a patch on my Frank Thomas textile which I've had for 8 years, mind you that cost me 250 quid as opposed to the 70 quid a paid Aldi .

A couple of points to note if you're thinking of buying, I take a large in most garments but needed the extra large in both items and regarding the trouser leg length, I'm a 31inch inside leg so not the longest of legs but the trousers where riding quite high up my boots when sat astride my bike,

I got home dry so guess thatas the most important thing so I would rate the jacket and trousers at 6.5 out of 10.

The helmet is by far the noisest I've ever owned and wearing ear plugs is a must, however at 30 quid one can't grumble to much, so I would rate this item at 5 out of 10, the visor stayed fog free whilst wet riding.

Keep riding-keep smiling  :grin:
Vee/Wee Strom probably the best bike in the world.

Offline robby

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 00:31:58 »
Wakefield,Gainsborough,Market Weighton,Louth and Mablethorpe - last meeting for sand racing at Mablethorpe till they start again in October.
Lovely day, sat in the sun, on sea wall watching them belt round. From kids on mini bilkes, quads, scramble types and what look like full blown speedway bikes.
A good crowd and Mablethorpe welcomes bikers ( no plod in sight , nor a trafiic warden) - its good business for the town in the winter.
Usual spills, one a bit bad needing helicopter to land on course to take rider to hospital.
Back home via Cleethorpes and Grimsby 180 miles.
If you get chance the sand racing is worth seeing - and its free !

I was there was yours the cherry coloured wee 57plate?

Offline spender

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 16:19:57 »
Not me - I'm all black.

Offline jaminben

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 16:09:19 »
put my new cans on and then went out to deafen the locals with a huge grin on my face.
jaminben

Offline doublevodka

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 16:29:32 »
took it to work for third day in a row in the crap weather  :rain: and loving every minute of it, so I have to put waterproofs on but who cares when you can filter and whizz past the car drivers  :haha:
Alcohol, the cause, and solution to many of lifes problems!

Offline bigdunk

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 17:16:02 »
drove to work in my tin can......wee,s poorly,only firing on one cylinder,in bike shop(bullets in birkenhead-always use them,never had a problem and vfm)they think its a coil on the ht lead,hope its ready for the Wirral Egg Run on Sunday 28th and can we have some sun shine please :)))

Offline labky

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 21:45:13 »
rode to work, fitted extenda mudguard, went to Hein&Gerick shop in Kenton, went home...

Offline gallanto

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2010, 19:17:35 »
Went for a great day out on the bike, Wales and back.... Popped into see the folks on the way home and lovely twisties all the way back  :grin:

Washing the bike, (I keep it in a friends garage), a bucket falls of the shelf onto me head and I push the bike over when I fall, straight into his shiny er 6  :bawl:

The bikes fine, but I have bent the madstad bracket pretty badly, do you think I can bend it back for it to work? I'm going to try tomorrow. The worst bit, I've scratched his headlight... :oops:  I feel awful and somewhat silly now....

Its funny how things like that can knock your confidence...

Hope you all had a good day riding....
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere...

—Albert Einstein

Offline jaminben

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2010, 12:46:55 »
I took the baffles out my cans today - following some peer pressure.
not really much louder, just a bit bass-ier.

then headed along the East Lothian coast road. not a huge run, but a good road with a mixture of fast and slow corners. stopped off for chips in North Berwick and then carried on our way. lots more bikes out and about now that the weather is warmer and staying dry.
jaminben

Offline Eric The Viking

• I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list!
  • Bike: Suzuki GSX 650 F, Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 XCA
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2010, 13:40:45 »
Tues 23rd- I took the Autocom off and removed the GPS bracket ready for it to go to the repairers.  They recon 6 weeks until I get her back.  At least I'll be ready to ride again by then. :thumb:
Keep The Shiny Side Up And Your Helmet Polished

Honda SS50, Kawasaki KH250 B2, Honda CB400/4 F2, Kawasaki KE125, Honda CB250N Super Dream, Yamaha RD250, Honda CB250N Super Dream (again), Honda CB750/4 F2, Kawasaki ZZR1100 D7, Suzuki V Strom DL650 K8, Suzuki V Strom DL1000 K6, Suzuki GSX 650F, Piaggio Fly 125, Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 XCA, Mini-Moto Ducati replica.

Offline Tribal-Wolf

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2010, 13:51:53 »
I haven't done anything today yet but I am going to take out the old '82 Honda 250 Superdream to blast the cobwebs out, it's almost finished now and rides really well for an old bike lol.

Offline raggydan

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2010, 15:05:23 »
Took a little ride out to Brentwood with the Mrs and visited the Essex tattoo expo.
Had a Metzeler Tourance put on the back this week and wanted an excuse to try it out.
Had Trailwings on and didn't like them,very vague feeling in wet or dry conditions.
I'll wait until they are properly scrubbed in but first impressions...I'm liking them.