Author Topic: Dyno Results  (Read 1080 times)

Offline UnicycleMan

• Bike: DL1000 L8 Yellow!
Dyno Results
« on: April 08, 2021, 20:54:41 »
Got my 2018 Veek back from the Dyno centre today so thought I'd post my results for those interested.

Equipment wise I am running the Delkevic decat system with their 450mm Carbon silencer (baffle out). After some deliberation I decided to keep the OEM air filter; I put a brand new one in for the dyno work. The airbox is standard and unmodified.

I decided to go the route of an ECU flash using the Woolich Racing software. I have no power commander, no servo buddy and no O2 sensors. The racing software allows for the disabling of the sensors and the bike now has a full custom map loaded to the ECU.

Cost all in was around £750. £456 for the dyno work and just under £300 for the decat, silencer and a tube of loctite high temp copper silicone sealant.

The headline figures are:

Max Power: 93.1 hp at 8.04

Max Torque: 72.67 at 3.79

Very pleased with the way she rides now, excellent power all round and pulls very hard from low down. The engine braking force has increased dramatically and it took a short ride after leaving the centre to get used to fine tuning my throttle work at lower speeds.

For me this work has made a great bike even better and increased the enjoyment factor by a fair margin. Looking forward to some good long rides in the sunshine now!  :sunny:

Online kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
Re: Dyno Results
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 21:22:48 »
£750 for 4.9bhp and 5.21lb of torque .... !!  :shock:

Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline UnicycleMan

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 21:43:52 »
Haha

Well to be honest the main aim in getting the dyno work done was not to increase power as such ( though that is a nice fringe benefit) but to get the fuelling sorted. I was happy to lay out some money to get rid of the tacked on emissions rubbish and in doing so the fuelling balance was upset, so to ensure the engine would be kept in peak health a dyno tune was required. The carbon silencer is superb and the soundtrack of the the bike contributes to my enjoyment of the ride so that was well worth the money.   :grin:

The increase in HP and torque is greater when compared to that of a standard bike, the red line was with the same equipment as the blue as I turned up to the centre with the system already installed.

I suppose £750 is a fair whack but still happy I spent it... perhaps I have more money than sense  :icon_wink:

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 07:02:32 »
I do enjoy a good dyno graph and these are indeed good graphs. The AFR's are good and constant and the operator did a proper job and provided a 50% throttle readout. So many centers only provide wide open which can mask dips and flat-spots.

Dyno numbers are what they are, numbers. Only you can know how it now "feels" and if you like how it "feels" then it's worth every penny.

Enjoy. :)
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Online Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 07:17:37 »
I'm skint, yet still have more money than sense

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 07:26:15 »
Good to see the results & useful to let others know what's involved/can be achieved and now much it costs.
As TLP says, hope the bike performs how you want it to  :auto-dirtbike:

Offline UnicycleMan

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 08:36:02 »
Thanks all, yes the centre was very thorough and also provided me with a 25% and 12% throttle position graph so I know they put the work in.

Highly recommended!