Author Topic: Fork braces ?  (Read 765 times)

Offline stevewestern

• Bike: Honda CBF1000
Fork braces ?
« on: March 31, 2021, 08:46:27 »
Anyone got one, and if so, which one?
Is it worth the expense ?
The RichLand Rick one is expensive once postage is factored in.

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
Re: Fork braces ?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 09:08:08 »
I have a Cosmo one (member benefits area for discount). Not sure what the post-Brexit charges might be (if any) as it comes from Greece.
I like it as it firms up the front end, but some say it makes no difference.
The only thing I'd warn about, is I have to remove mine whenever the front wheel comes off so the front axle tightens up properly. It's not a problem, just something worth remembering

Offline stevewestern

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 10:37:22 »
Thanks - there seems to be a lack of knowledge about imports, and I know that Heed are no longer importing to the UK.
I'd rather pay a bit extra than get hit with an extra cost after paying...

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 10:52:18 »
Buying from the US will also attract VAT + import duties. [I remember buying loads of things from the US when £1 was more or less $2 - woo! The charges were extortionate but still half the price of buying in the UK]

Cosmo is still sending things to the UK, and I think someone on here recently said they didn't get charged on their Cosmo order  :thumb:

(I think it's something like orders below £125 inc postage though I could be wrong on that figure)

Online Rixington43

• Bike: DL1000GT K7
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 11:08:18 »
I have a Cosmo brace and it's a nice quality piece of kit which looks very stock. I can't comment on the effect though since it came on the bike.

Maybe drop Cosmo an email beforehand to ask if they have updated their policies for post brexit VAT rules.
Purchases below £135 should incur no charges as the seller should register and pay the UK VAT for you.
Purchases over £135 and the seller should sell to you VAT free as 3rd country export and then you pay UK VAT at point of entry (plus a handling charge of varying absurdity depending on the courier).

Offline stevewestern

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 12:36:31 »
Again, many thanks!
The postage from America is 35 dollars which rather rules that one out even before taxes!
I'll email Cosmo and see what they say.