Author Topic: Scotoiler vacuum take  (Read 859 times)

Offline roganjoshing

• Loving my first Vee Twin
  • Bike: DL650 L0
Scotoiler vacuum take
« on: January 04, 2021, 12:29:04 »
I have a first generation Wee (L0) and have a leaky vacuum take for the Scotoiler causing poor fuelling.  Does anyone know where the vacuum take is on the engine and how much bodywork I need to remove to access it please.  I have no garage so working in the street where it is always best to have some idea how long these things might take.

Thanks in advance

Offline Rixington43

• Bike: DL1000GT K7
Re: Scotoiler vacuum take
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 12:48:00 »
Here's the install page from the Scottoiler website which shows the vaccuum take off location:
http://kbvps.scottoiler.com/article/DL650-v-strom-2004-2011.html
If it's anything like the 1000 of the same vintage then it's accessible without removal of any body work, you can usually see the black elbow with the thin black tube going in to it by looking up between the V of the engine from below or the side. Gently pulling on the vaccuum tube will obviously help identify the correct fitting. Removing the side trim panels may help but I didn't need to. The elbows should just pull off the vaccuum tube with a light twist and then push back on easily enough with a little spit for lubrication. All parts are purchaseable from Scottoiler if you need a new elbow.

Offline Barbel Mick

• Bike: 800RE
Re: Scotoiler vacuum take
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 13:38:53 »
In the link given above change the capital DL for lower case ones in your browser address bar.
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.