Author Topic: Buzzing like a two bob rocket  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Scudnut

Buzzing like a two bob rocket
« on: March 10, 2010, 22:42:20 »
My GT got nicked from Greenwich 2 weeks ago today, then last Thursday I came off my GS500 on a roundabout, the back just went, I wasn't going very fast but rolled rather than slid which bruised my ribs up a bit, not a lot I can do but rest, good job I'm an expert. I hate the GS slighty less now, I was expecting to find bits of it all over the road but it held together well and after screwing the mirror back on was able to ride it to my mate's house for a bit of sympathy though all I got was some piss-taking.

Piss-taking from he who has just ordered a new Harley 883 Iron, I had to giggle, my mate is as gay as a lark.
He is keeping his SV though to be fair.

Anyway, Friday the Engineers from Devitt phoned with an offer, he didn't realise what a GT was so had to phone me back with a revised offer, an offer of which I was expecting so accepted.

Today Devitt phoned and told me that they had posted the cheque to me. They also told me I wasn't covered for personal items, the Zumo 550 (the unit was in the top box), the Baglux tank cover and my winter gloves. After educating them and directing them to the sales invoice I had supplied them it's only the gloves they are not paying out for (fair enough). It will be a seperate cheque though for the Zumo and Baglux.

Since losing the GT I have been thinking about maybe getting something a bit different, a Street Triple or a Z750, the Z750 was a bit tempting I must admit but I know my insurance will increase which put pay to that.

I decided in the end that I'd be hard pushed to find a more suitable bike for myself than the wee. I've realised in the last year though that I'm no fan of the hard luggage system so no GT for me this time. I've become a bit reliant on the ABS so I've gone for a new "A" model.

I was gutted when West London Suzuki told me I could only have orange if I ordered the "X" or the "GT" so almost settled for a black one.

Aye Gee's in Welling were a little more accomadating and were prepared to take bits off a "GT" and sell it to me as an "A". Aye Gee's also did me a slightly better deal than WLS.

I paid a deposit and got my reg number today so I reckon I'll have it within a couple of weeks.

As I said, I'm buzzing like a two bob rocket.
Irish Blood English Heart.

Anonymous

Re: Buzzing like a two bob rocket
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 23:19:45 »
Sounds like you've had a fair bit of bad luck the last few weeks.
Still... insurance all paid and new bike on the way, and the Strom does look damn good in orange. You made a wise choice not buying a new Triumph, their customer service sucks when it comes to any warranty work you need doing.
I'm also not a fan of hard luggage, it sticks out too far for filtering and squeezing through traffic and even when you don't have the boxes on the rails ruin the look of a bike.
Hope you've taken measures to keep the theiving scrotes away from this Wee.

Offline Hutchie

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 23:24:45 »
Orra best with the new bike.

Get a big dobermann or a pitbull, keep it in your topbox, so it is really in a bad mood, then attach to your front wheel any time you are parking the bike.

Offline doublevodka

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 23:27:07 »
be very very very glad you didn't go for the z750, I've owned one and coming from a comfy strom it'd be like riding a medieval torture device ;) hope your luck is better with the wee ;)
Alcohol, the cause, and solution to many of lifes problems!