Author Topic: Arai Helmet (Tour X3)  (Read 920 times)

Offline Backdraft

Arai Helmet (Tour X3)
« on: March 08, 2010, 15:53:22 »
I know that helmets are very subjective and subject to face shapes/fit etc etc, but does anyone have any experience of the Arai Tour X3 - I have only ever had Shoei lids for years and was wondering if the Arais are much cop?
life is for living

Offline raggydan

Re: Arai Helmet (Tour X3)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 16:01:17 »
I've had rx7's and they are unbelievably noisey, Arai's in general are not the quietest of lids.

Offline Sven

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 16:41:26 »
I had several Shoei helmets over the last 15 years but changed to an Arai Viper GT last year. I like the fit & comfort better than the Shoei's (Arai's feel very soft & plush). As for noise I wouldn't say there's much between them - Its not the quietest of helmets but its not noisy either. Similar visor system on both helmets. I'm liking it lots & wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
But then it all depends on the shape of your head & what fits best !!!

Offline dogpuf

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 19:09:11 »
IMHO Arai helmets are the best you can buy

I have had a variety of helmets over the years including an Arai Quantum F, Shoei xr900, Shoei Intercepter, Shoei Z-One - all of which were excellent. The Quantum F and Shoei Z-One were involved in RTA's and both did their job perfectly, especially the Arai Quantum F where I crashed at 70 mph on the Nurburgring (that's another Story)

I have also have a Roof Daytona (my Spare) and I once made the mistake of buying a Caberg Flip which was rubbish

My current Helmet is an Arai Chaser - this is a brilliant helmet - reasonably quiet and supremely comfortable.

I don't think Arai make any poor helmets so I reckon its down to fit and price whether you buy it or not IMO

Lee
C'mon spring I want to get riding

Offline jonH

• Bike: R1200GS LC
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 09:09:03 »
Arai fit me great but until they start doing integrated sun visors I won't be bothering with one :-)
There is nothing in life that cannot be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas

Offline edd3647

• Bike: DL1000 K7
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 18:32:36 »
Have got a Tour X 3 and I love it. Arai are expensive but then they are hand made don't forget. Plus you get their 5 year warranty. The fit has to be right but they have pretty extensive cheek pad choices with their lids. I got mine last year for a bargain price of something like £225 if I remember rightly. As I don't smoke and hardly drink I buy an awful lot of kit, far too much really. Hence I also have a St George Arai Condor and another black Condor that I got sprayed up with my hero on the back, Edd The Duck!!!  That lid ended up as a freebie technically as my older one got stolen in a burglary at the paint shop so they bought me a brand new lid! :)
Cagiva SuperCity > ZX6RJ1 & F650GS > DL1000 K2 > R1200GS (SHITE!) > DL1000 K7 & CB400F & DRZ400 SM > DL1000 K7 & 1975 CB400F & MSX 125 GROM & 1962 Li 125 & TDM 900