Author Topic: It's Lidl time again..  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Virgil Tracy

Re: It's Lidl time again..
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 10:17:49 »
Went toLidi yesterday and got socks x3 and long johns and vest, all seem decent enough. also got the tankbag as thinking it will come in handy for short rides/day trips instead of using top box/panniers, like the way you can use it as a rucksack, its the first one I've had so will let you know how it performs over the coming months.
Vee/Wee Strom probably the best bike in the world.

Offline imacwalker

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 11:59:33 »
the old stuff they had- bsquare or something is reasonable quality,
I went nuts on the thermals as my bikes a year round primary mode of transport.
I got some other stuff including the rain suit. but to be honest I don't think its up to much. the gloves are TERRIBLE- I'm back to using my old ones already. I bought a bike cover for my old bikes in the garage, I've seen thicker clingfilm! they'l keep the dust of and not much more.

bit of a bummer to be honest

thermals and socks were worth it, though.

Offline Dracula

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 17:06:50 »
Had to go to 2 lidls today as my locals range was poor. The suits were really tacky and felt of poor quality (plus the xl was far to small for my 6'2 slimmish frame). Gloves, very poor too. Socks were all size 2-5, no good for a size 11.
Overall I was less than impressed but did purchase the thermals (the missus n kids thought it was highly amusing to see me prancing around the house in them), they seem excellent, and a tank bag, just hope I can get it to fit now.
Lets hope aldi come up trumps with their suits else its going to cost me a fortune for the branded stuff..
Still no rider pillion comms, any suggestions for a good cheap set up?
"There are no ugly women..... Just not enough Vodka!"

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 17:55:20 »
Have none of you noticed the minuscule size of the magnets in the Lidl tankbag ? They are about the size of a ten pence piece and are half the diameter of the ones in my Oxford tankbag.

Offline edd3647

• Bike: DL1000 K7
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 18:19:48 »
If you are on a really tight budget then I guess their stuff might be tempting but personally I wouldn't go anywhere near it. IMHO you get what you pay for though having said that some of the stuff in the Ride tests does not cost the earth. It's a great magazine, check out their product reviews on their website, http://www.motorcyclenews.com/Ride/Product-Tests/
 Personally I go with their recommendations as their testing seems good and they are unbiased.
Cagiva SuperCity > ZX6RJ1 & F650GS > DL1000 K2 > R1200GS (SHITE!) > DL1000 K7 & CB400F & DRZ400 SM > DL1000 K7 & 1975 CB400F & MSX 125 GROM & 1962 Li 125 & TDM 900

Offline Scudnut

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 23:06:04 »
I bought a pair of boots today, a bit Clint Eastwood but comfortable enough, my last pair were £50 from J & S, they lasted 3 months.
So if these last 3 months the price makes them twice as good.
Irish Blood English Heart.

Offline Banjo

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 15:51:35 »
Never had any problems with the socks and thermals, bought a pair of the gloves but yet to use them in anger, no doubt they will gather dust for a while!
90 Degrees Between The Knees
IBA # 40001 (First UK Issue)
Brit Buttt Rally Finisher 2009