Author Topic: Pannier Question - fitting Wee panniers to a Glee  (Read 639 times)

Offline Stevej

• Bike: V Strom 2011 (in Aus), Moto Guzzi California (in UK)
Pannier Question - fitting Wee panniers to a Glee
« on: June 05, 2019, 12:22:56 »
Odd question but maybe someone has experience of the following...I'm toying with selling my 2015 650 XT (the version that came with Suzuki branded SW Motech Trax Ion panniers on Quick Lock Evo Frames).  My 2010 V-Strom (yes I have a Wee and a Glee, although on different continents) doesn't have panniers - hence the idea occurred to me, to try fitting the panniers from the 2015 model to the 2010 model. SW Motech offer Trax Ion & Evo frame kits for both the Wee and Glee models so I'm thinking it may be possible but: 

1. Will the 2015 frames fit the 2010 bike (I'm presuming not as the Evo frames for the Wee have a different part number from those for the Glee); or
2. Are the 2015 frames adaptable to fit the 2010 model; or
3. Do I need to purchase a set of frames for the 2010 V-Strom? And in which case - will the 2015 panniers fit the 2004-10 frames (with or without an adapter kit)?

Alternatively should I sell the current panniers and frames (either with the bike or separately) and buy a pannier and frame set for the 2010 model?  Problem being the money I'm likely to get selling them is a lot less than the cost of a new set for the older bike. 

I've sent a request to the UK Distributor who weren't able to provide an answer (they didn't appear to be aware that the frames and panniers are available for the Wee).

Anyway any advice welcome.

Offline Stevej

• Bike: V Strom 2011 (in Aus), Moto Guzzi California (in UK)
Re: Pannier Question - fitting Wee panniers to a Glee
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 15:04:35 »
Question resolved - nice lady at SW Motech confirmed that the panniers will fit but as suspected, the frames won't.  But it is easily, if rather expensively (€230) resolved by purchasing the appropriate frame kit for the Wee.  Still a relatively cheap way of adding luggage capacity to the Wee given I already have the panniers.