Author Topic: Sargent seats  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Methusela

• Bike: DL650XT
Sargent seats
« on: March 05, 2019, 11:55:13 »
The bike (2014 DL1000) is coming up to four years old and with only 13000 miles done I am going to keep it rather than go for a new one. I am looking seriously at buying a Sargent seat, but before I lay out all that cash I am wondering if there is any feedback out there, I think I have seen a couple of people who have one fitted. Thanks a lot

Offline old git

• Bike: DL1000 L6, BMW R1250RT
Re: Sargent seats
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 13:11:14 »
I like mine and so does my wife. A definite improvement if you do long days on the bike. Only thing and it is minor is that the surface is not as grippy as the standard. Fine with leathers, not so good with textiles.

Offline Paz324

• Bike: CB1000RAJ
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 15:10:35 »
Can't comment on the vstrom seats they do but I was extremely impressed with one I bought for my last bike.

I like the standard carbon effect cover they use, for me I found the smooth material meant my trousers didn't ride up on long rides.

Offline goat

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 08:50:20 »
Hi Methusela
                    I 've a Sargent seat on my V-strom and it is very comfortable especially on long runs.I bought mine on the Forum and it was like new.It is wider than the standard seat and underneath has a compartment for a small torch and documents.They do appear for sale now and then and much less than the price new.
Safe Biking
Goat

Online timangus

• Global Biker
  • Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 11:45:18 »
I used to sell them a few years back. They are extremely well made. I bought one for my own DL1000 when I had one and it was a big improvement over the stock seat which used to hurt after 100 miles. It may be worth checking with the UK importer if they have some old stock as the bike has been out of current production for a while and they may want to clear any old stock they have. Otherwise check out Revzilla in the US. They have a great website and can ship to the UK in a week.

Offline Methusela

• Bike: DL650XT
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 09:34:03 »
Thanks for the feedback chaps. Much appreciated

Offline philthunder

• Bike: Strom 1000 2017
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 11:04:05 »
I had a Sargent on my GSF1250 Bandit, and it was very comfy. When I was looking at one for the VStrom, I did not like the Sargent version, I wanted to lower the pillion hump for more room and raise the front for more leg room, plus the cost of the Sargent is pretty costly. I found a bloke in Coventry C M Seats    www.cmseats.com
Me and my mate both had seats reworked, I had the basket weave, raised height, gel pad, pillion hump lowered and moved back slightly. My mate had the basket weave and gel pad. They took about 8 days, we delivered and they posted them back. Cost around £200. We both find them very comfortable and I have more room to move around on it. Don't use Bike Prep on them though, they turn into a skating rink.
What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare, and rev the nuts off the beast.

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 15:17:29 »
Since nobody else has mentioned him https://tonyarcher.co.uk/services/bike-seats/ excellent workmanship though he can be a bit "tetchy" at times.

Good value as well. :thumb:
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.