Author Topic: Suspension rebuild  (Read 1029 times)

Offline pichulec

• Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Suspension rebuild
« on: February 24, 2019, 07:40:22 »
Hello. Can you blokes recommend me a garage which will do a suspension rebuild with springs change for my weight and forks oil change etc for front and rear?? Also, as it is my commuter bike and I am off only weekends so it would be nice to find a place where they can do it the same day saturday... And can you give me a clue what cost it can be?? Patient Dl1k 05. Thanks in advance. 👍

Offline Paz324

• Bike: CB1000RAJ
Re: Suspension rebuild
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 08:20:50 »
For that kind of service you'd be spending £600+ up front and need to make an appointment for a later date, I'm not sure of anywhere near you but there's a place near me called "Revs Racing" which are the UK importer for Wilbers suspension products but they can supply other brands such as K-tech and Hagon maybe more..

If you want to keep costs down Hagon would be your best bet and you'd likely bag a full setup for under £500 but if you choose a rear shock from Wilbers it'll likely be around £600 for just the rear mono shock.

Also Hagon don't sell any spare parts which means they can only be serviced by Hagon at their factory, so rather than going back to whoever fitted it they offer a postal service which includes a new 2 year warranty every time the shock is serviced and if they can't service a shock because its no longer in production they usually offer you an upgrade for a reduced price.

Non of those prices include labour, just the cost of parts.

Offline Methusela

• Bike: DL650XT
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 10:06:29 »
MCT in Stowmarket Suffolk are not a huge distance away from you. They did a really good job on my Pan European some years ago. New fork springs and oil plus a Wilbur rear shock and setting it all up for our weight and type of riding came to about £900 if I remember correctly. They did it all while I waited as well.

Offline Paz324

• Bike: CB1000RAJ
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 10:22:34 »
Main reason I didn't suggest MCT is because they tend to pick and choose what work they take on, often refusing to work on older bikes because they can't be bothered with them..

Could be worth a shot but since I don't have any personal experience with them I can only go off what I've read on other forums, sadly it was a mix of good and bad impressions.