Author Topic: Screws  (Read 826 times)

Offline Methusela

• Bike: DL650XT
Screws
« on: November 13, 2018, 17:37:03 »
I need some help please folks. Last weekend when cleaning the bike I noticed that the Givi top box was loose. Further investigation uncovered that it was the Givi mounting plate moving about on the Suzuki plate. I went further and found that the two screws holding the front down to the seat fairing had sheared right off at fairing level, and also that the two screws meant to hold the support arms to the bracket under the mudguard were missing ! Givi, of course will only sell me a complete installation kit, so I need two screws for the support arms part number 820 TECF and two screws for the fixing to the tail fairing part number 875 TSP. The part numbers come from the Givi installation guide. Can anybody out there point me in the direction of a likely supplier for these. Thanks

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
Re: Screws
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 18:58:25 »
If givi uk won't supply the individual parts you won't get the givi parts as givi won't supply anyone with individual bits only kits.

You'd need to find out the size and length of the bolts and order suitable bolts from a fasteners suppliers.

Generally if the bolts have snapped too much weight has been put in the box or other bolts have come loose putting additional stress on the ones that eventually snapped.

Ride Coordinator

Offline Mr Nick

• Certified Fisher Price trained technician
  • Bike: 1979 Suzuki TS185ER, 1979 Moto Guzzi V50, 1989 Moto Guzzi SP3, 2010 KTM 990 Adv
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 19:48:10 »
Sizes are alongside the part numbers on the instructions so straightforward enough to find.
M8x75 Allen countersunk & M8x20 hex flanged.
Seems pearl asbo orange is faster after all....

'Don't believe all the quotes in forum signatures' - Aristotle

'Ehh, good enough' - Mediocretes

Orange Bikes Matter!

Offline Methusela

• Bike: DL650XT
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 10:11:56 »
Thanks Mr Nick. I had been searching under the part numbers with no joy at all. Once I had the description of the screws I managed to source them quite quickly. I horizontally parked the bike in Dublin when touring two up and loaded the other year, and I suspect the problem dated back to then. Now to put it all back together again.