Author Topic: Airport parking?  (Read 700 times)

Offline Savak

• Bike: DL650 L7
Airport parking?
« on: September 28, 2018, 10:31:05 »
Didn't know where to put this so aplologies if it's in the wrong place.

I had the opportunity to attend the recent TCT Show (3D printing) at the NEC in Birmingham. My problem was I had to get someone to take me to the airport at 04:00 for a flight from Belfast.

What I want to know has anyone come across parking at airports that have a small lockable garage where one can safely park their bike and store their gear and catch the plane in their everyday duds?

Something like this at the Buccleuch Arms in Moffat

Offline hookie

• Bike: DL1000 K8, '85 Honda XBR500 race bike, '86 XBR road bike, '51 Sunbeam S8
Re: Airport parking?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 10:37:34 »
I flew from Luton to Aberdeen a couple of years ago and there was no specific bike parking area at all. Bloody nothing... I telephoned them and was told that there was a very small area around a disused office which I could use. This was was jammed with bikes when I arrived and it was vert difficult to find a spot to squeeze the bike in and even worse to get it out again. Not impressed.

Offline Barbel Mick

• Bike: DL650A L2
Re: Airport parking?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 11:58:19 »
Not sure if it's the help you require but found this on B/ham airport car parks site............might be worth a phone call to enquire if inside, outside, secure etc.

Motorcycles

If you’re arriving by motorcycle, we have some motorcycle spaces available, located to the left of the entrance to Car Park 3. These spaces are available on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, so it’s well worth booking ahead online. If the motorcycle spaces are full, please press for assistance at the entry lane, exit lane or one of the Pay on Foot machines located within the car park and our friendly Control Team will be only too happy to help.

Just re-read your post & I think you are asking about any airport rather than Birmingham in particular.
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.