Author Topic: Cosmo centre stand  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Metro Strommer

• Bike: V Strom 650
Cosmo centre stand
« on: August 05, 2018, 18:18:16 »
Hi all just fitted my Cosmo centre stand and works OK had no problems but when I look at the bike on the stand it looks to vertical just wondering if anyone can confirm whether it looks right or is it just me being paranoid please see attached photo.

Offline Metro Strommer

Re: Cosmo centre stand
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 18:24:19 »
Try again with the attachment.

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 00:17:27 »
  Not got one on my bike yet, but I would like a bit more sit back angle than that looks.
If it takes a fair shove to rock it off the stand then all is well, and I'm sure someone with one will pop up soon.

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 07:55:24 »
I see where you are coming from with looking a bit upright. With the bike on the stand you could just untighten the bolts a little and use some of the slack in the screw holes to see if you induce a bit more angle into it. You may get enough that way, then retighten the screws.
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

Offline Metro Strommer

Re: Cosmo centre stand update
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 22:42:38 »

Hello,

the instructions are of the older design. You have the newer design.

The centrestand has a angle of 5 degrees. European law states a minimum of 4 degrees.

Since the bike stands and needs an effort to take it off the stand it is fine.

Regards,
Vasilis
CosmoMotoAccessories

Hi lads I thought I would give a quick update I emailed Cosmo and got a reply which I have pasted the reply above so I can put this one to bed now thanks once again to the members who replied to me all keep safe ttfn

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red. 2021 Royal Enfield 500 Classic stealth.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 09:48:33 »
I had a similar problem with another make of centre stand (no names no writs) on my Glee.

IIRC the dealer who fitted it described it as "tender".

Eventually and I took an angle grinder to the lug that the stand butts onto when it is down. Just about 2 mm was enough.

It happened to me or I was that idiot story.
My Glee was parked in the garage on its center stand. I rode my 1500 Suzuki cruiser into the garage to park it next to the  Glee.
The newly fitted crash bar contacted the footrest of the glee and tipped it off the stand.
I caught the glee with my right hand.
So now in true "Italian job" fashion I am standing astride the cruiser with it's side stand up and holding the Glee also with it's stand up and I am doubtful that I can balance myself enough to take my left foot off the ground to set the cruiser side stand and I can't let go of the Glee.
All ended well and I set to with the grinder on the Glee stand.

This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline Metro Strommer

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 12:17:56 »
Good point Brockett its stable enough still have to give it a good shove to get it off and enough resistance to get it on the stand to be honest I would only be using it to fill up or maintenance when I'm travelling what I have done though is cut a 4x4 wooden post at 45 degrees to form 2 wedges and I put one either side of the front wheel so there is no movement for the front wheel to move.