Author Topic: A few thoughts after a month of ownership....  (Read 3308 times)

Offline paulja

• Bike: DL1000XT L8
Re: A few thoughts after a month of ownership....
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2018, 23:17:47 »
OE tyres are rubbish on the 1000. Had the 650 Mon\Tues, exact same rubbish experience. I ditched those OE tyres after 4K miles because the ABS kept cutting in, even in a straight line FFS. Road 5 haven't caused the ABS to kick in once, but the Road 5 is not the greatest lane scratcher as those side wall sipes make for a very nervous grip when pushing the limit, it feels like the front end will slip when pushed hard, and you can see why if look at how the edge goes rubber, gap, rubber, gap etc. Good touring tyre though, and wet weather is superb.  Will change to ME1 at the next change as I want a consistent tread pattern.

Very little adjustment to the chain (yay Scotoiler) after 7500, but yes, it is weedy, will put something better on when that day arrives.

MRA screen on the standard screen is a really good solution, super stable, if you are 6ft or less.
In my defence, she did leave me unsupervised.

Offline sillyboy

• Bike: DL650 L7
Re: A few thoughts after a month of ownership....
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2018, 19:26:43 »
agree the oe tyres on my 650 are crap, I have seen the traction control light flicker on dry roads a couple of times, not even pushing it. never saw the light on my gs1200 illuminated with a lot more provocation. Suzuki spoiling a good bike for the sake of £20?