Author Topic: Wibble wobble on the clutch cam mech  (Read 981 times)

Offline danieldavis1982

Wibble wobble on the clutch cam mech
« on: May 29, 2017, 14:54:35 »
Alright there people,

Decided to finally investigate the clicking noise when I hold clutch in.  Also sometimes harder to get into gear.  Have a ganders at the video and see what you think.  I am thinking a knackered cam mech after 33k miles.

Offline sharealike

• Site Donator
  • Bike: DL650, SV1000, Triumph Street Twin, Yam XT350 and Hon CX500
Re: Wibble wobble on the clutch cam mech
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 21:35:15 »
I've only dabbled with the hydraulic version on the 1000 engine but I would say the cams/worm and or balls inside there are worn out. 33,000 miles exposed to all the dust, grit, salt and water the drive chain drags in and throws at it is perhaps enough. Might also be surprised just how heavily loaded that little thing is.
Genuine new Suzuki will be around £50. I doubt a used one could be trusted unless it came for next to nothing.
Assumed you checked the handbook to see if there is any advice for correct adjustment before you go spending. Might simply be that all adjustment has been made at the bar lever end all its life. Backing that right off and taking allmost every bit of free play (book will say) up with the screw and lock nut in the middle of that cam might find you the less worn parts to get you by.
Please contact me directly about clutch basket modifications. john@vibefreev.com
Website http://www.vibefreev.com/