Author Topic: Stolen 2002 Vstrom 1000 Blue with Renthal Bars and Yoshimura Cans.LT02TZY  (Read 4426 times)

Offline Vyoshi

• Bike: Vstrom
Hi Everyone , Unfortunately the best bike I have ever owned was stolen from outside my place in West London last Friday night. Hoping to get him back as he is part of the family (If the wife would let me park him in the lounge I wouldn't be writing this right now).
Is pretty distinctive with Yoshimura end cans (TL/SV race cans)and bespoke mid pipes in Stainless Steel, He also has Renthal handlebars in Gold with Black support bar. One of the handlebar weights is missing as it came loose on the last ride and is in my jacket pocket. The plastic cap on top of one of the mirror nuts is missing also and the tank has a very worn grey tank protector at the top of the seat.
Has a Data tool alarm fitted and has the Kappa Top box on with a Silver Fern (I'm a New Zealander) sticker on the top of it where the Kappa logo would be.
Have not claimed insurance as I would really like him back so any help/info would be much appreciated.

I'm keeping an eye on the normal for sale websites for full bikes and parts if anyone see's something that might sound like it belongs on him, please drop me a line.
Thanks in advance. 

Offline Rich:-)

Sorry to hear that mate.

Gumtree and Fleabay for stolen bike bits isn't it?
Though from what I heard, most bikes get put in a container and head for eastern Europe. :icon_no:

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
Sorry to hear that, it's a horible thing to have happen.

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red. 2021 Royal Enfield 500 Classic stealth.
That's a rotter. I do hope you get it back.
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
Sorry to hear that. I hope the bastards get caught.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline Ridaz

• Site Donator
  • Bike: Africa Twin 2017, TTR 250 2004, VF 750F-D Interceptor 1983
As with all the comments above.

Gutted for you and hope you get it back in one piece.

Come on Holmsey - This is your patch. Get them found

Offline Apocalypse Ali

I feel for you and hope they catch the scumbag​s.

Offline Lincsman

I'm with all the above too.
Really hope you get it back.
The  ### ###
Fed up with anti motorcycle legislation ??. 
Then get off your backside and join the Motorcycle Action Group. Protect your right to ride.
DO YOU CARE ??
https://www.mag-uk.org/

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
 :violence-smack: :violence-smack:

Fingers crossed the bike is found and Holmsey introduces them to his truncheon...

Offline Mac H

• Bike: DL1000 K3
If you're on the Facebook have a look on here https://www.facebook.com/groups/ukmtp/?fre

Too much of this sh$t going on.

Offline Abercol

• Bike: 2016 Explorer XRT
Sorry to hear that mate. Hope the bike turns up in good nick & not munted.

Cheers from a fellow Kiwi.

Offline Vyoshi

• Bike: Vstrom
Cheers for the kind words everyone.
Interesting morning had me tidying the driveway this morning when I heard a scooter and a TL100R go flying past something that I hadn't seen around here before so it pricked my interest for a couple of seconds then I carried on with what I was doing. Five minutes later they come flying past heading the other way this time me taking more notice and clocking the TL had Yoshi cans on it (the only reason I took notice in the first place as they have a distinctive note to them), Next thing they indicate and turn down the street just past me so in the van I get and go for a bit of a cruise (to do the polices job because lets be honest unless a stolen bike T bones them at an intersection they are not really that interested). Asked a couple of pedestrians along the way if they had seen a couple of bikes flying through this way and followed the nods until I got a no I haven't seen any then turned back and started checking side streets.
Turned into (unfortunately stereotypically) an estate and caught a view of the two bikes and their riders with a small group of other blokes and just through them all I spotted my Top box!!
So I drove back out parked up and walked back in with my phone on video and went straight up to the group and right to my bike sitting there without a scratch minus to Yoshi end cans and mid pipes.

So after a bit of "I want my pipes back" to the dork on the TL and them saying they are not yours (yeah right) and stop filming us with a few more expletives thrown in I called the cops and now have the Vstrom parked back in the same spot he was nicked from looking a little lighter in the Donkey end missing those cans!!
Cops say they will look into it but won't hold my breath, have already seen the other scroat on the scooter down at the shops and have said to him that all I want are the pipes back and Ill tell the cops to drop it (Knowing I can't do anything to influence the police) and lose the video, to which he replied "I will talk to my people" WTF does that even mean!!
Bit of a result today in this shitty world of pricks thinking they can just take what you work hard to obtain.
Strom has a new lock on him now.
Ill keep you posted on how we get on.

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
I take my hat off to you...keep all info you can on the thieves, might come in useful at a later date.... :thumb:

Offline Mac H

• Bike: DL1000 K3
Glad to hear the news.

Offline Flanners

• Bike: 15 DL1000 99 Daytona 955i 05 GSXR1000
RESULT! Top Tec, I wouldn't hold your breath with the local Constabulary 'looking into it'.

Offline chris1200

• Bike: 2008 V Strom 650.
Crap beginning to the story but a bloody great ending!

Offline Lincsman

Good for you, hope you'll get it back to what it was like before the human filth stole it from you.  :thumb: :thumb:
Fed up with anti motorcycle legislation ??. 
Then get off your backside and join the Motorcycle Action Group. Protect your right to ride.
DO YOU CARE ??
https://www.mag-uk.org/

Offline 2112

• Bike: Honda 750 Transalp, Victory Crossroads 1731
Good work, all's well that ends well  :thumb:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline Kebabmonster

• Bike: 2005 KLV1000
Great news there mate  :lala:

Get a team together and dole out the only justice these scumbags understand  :icon_batterup: