Author Topic: Fault on mode switch  (Read 825 times)

Offline Methusela

• Bike: DL650XT
Fault on mode switch
« on: March 20, 2017, 11:59:47 »
I have had the traction control setting on 2 over the winter, but yesterday decided to change it to 1. At first the select switch was a bit stiff, but it moved after a bit of jiggling and I changed the setting. I then noticed that my heated grips, which are a Suzuki fitting, had come on, and wouldn't turn off unless I switched the ignition off. Subsequent test showed that they will come on every time I use the mode or select switches and again I have to switch off the ignition before they will go off.  Anybody else experienced this or have an idea for the reason ? Thanks in advance

Offline ziggy

• Bike: DL1000 L4, Vespa 300 GTV
Re: Fault on mode switch
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 14:46:44 »
Very strange this one as the genuine Suzuki heated grips just plug into a 12v supply above the radiator, no connection or anything to do with traction control switch.
Do it today as there may not be a tomorrow.

Live in Rothley, Leicestershire.

Offline Methusela

• Bike: DL650XT
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 09:31:30 »
Well that was a bit of a mystery. I soaked everything in ACF 50 and let it stand 24 hours and this morning everything is working fine. I begin to suspect operator error ! 

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 10:26:57 »
That ac50 is nearly as good as hitting it with the bible...I to my sticky mode switch apart and filled it with sevisol  silicon grease..seems to have solved the sticking..
if it was operator error I would hit yourself with the bible, but don't fill yourself with sevisol too or you will likely get arrested... :roll: :shock: