Author Topic: Bluetooth intercom question  (Read 2778 times)

Offline Cbx

• Bike: DL1000 K2
Bluetooth intercom question
« on: January 21, 2017, 20:21:12 »
I have a pair of Scala G9X and a Zumo 590 I used them to tour France and Spain a while ago but spat my dummy out at the G9X's as they would cut the intercom when receiving Sat Nav instructions (sometimes not re connecting the intercom) rather than lowering the volume. This caused me much grief as the missus thought I was ignoring her, so we have now reverted back to a wired autocom as she too can hear the Sat Nav . Any way in a long winded way of asking does anyone know of Bluetooth system that would
A. output Sat Nav to both headsets
B. lower not mute/disconnect intercom
Or am I missing something in setting up the G9X's

cheers.

Offline Holmsey

• Bike: DL650 L9
Re: Bluetooth intercom question
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 23:48:28 »
Ah .... not hearing the wife ... Where do I buy a set?  lol

Sorry I can't help, hopefully someone will come along with the answer for you  :thumb:
Life on two wheels is better than 4 because the wife don't go on two wheels                " I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE "

IBA Member
RBLR 1000 - 2018 -2019
Armistice 1000 - 2018

Offline listermint

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 08:56:30 »
I actually don't see how this is physically possible op the bt being the connection method to both headsets for talk and the Sat Nav. Bt can't hold 2 channels at 1 time so I don't see how it can do what you ask without momentarily cutting 1 connection. It should however restore the connection.

Your best option here is to just glance the instructions on screen and turn off voice when riding 2 up

Online UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 09:33:27 »
I thought the G9 did 4 way conversations using both channels? Anyway I have  the same issue with my G4 in so much as if I'm paired to my brother and one of us receives a call the G4 rarely reconnects us at the end of the call. We end up manually reconnecting. Of course sometimes it's just dropped the connection but we think the other is on a call...

You could try doing satnav via your mobile as I think the G9 will play the instructions to both headsets?

Offline kissofdeath

• Bike: Veek
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 12:00:20 »
it is possible to change the settings so that intercom has priority over Sat Nav, music etc. or it is on the g1 so I would assume its the same on the g9

Offline Cbx

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 13:45:34 »
Cheers chaps ,
Holmesy I'll sell you mine  :thumb: .

listermint. I think the g9x must able to hold two channels as its capable of 4-Way Intercom Conferencing: 2 riders and their passengers or 3 separate riders (Full Duplex). I know we can both receive music from the 590

UK_Vstrom650. Yeah the not reconnecting is the biggest pain , don't really fancy having my mobile as the Sat Nav , guess I'll have to stick with autocom system ..

thanks for the replies

Offline Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 13:58:36 »
Re: question (a): Do you know if the satnav is capable of pairing to two devices at the same time? The headsets might not be the problem with that issue.

Offline Cbx

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 17:07:46 »
Yeah Rusty the Sat Nav can pair with both but only seems to output music not directions ..don't suppose any one knows if the Sena s20 is capable of using Sat Nav and comms at the same time...

Offline Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 17:19:52 »
It is.

Offline Hugh Mungus

• Bike: Fazer 1000
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 06:46:04 »
The other question is whether you really need the bluetooth system?
I had the wired autocom for years and it was great but I need bike to bike comms so I had to go bluetooth. The only bit I didn't like was having to connect the wire to my helmet every time I got on/off the bike.
My bluetooth system is cheap and I suffer the same problems when my mobile rings, so I turned the mobile connection off. I know you want the sat-nav directions spoken so you don't have to keep looking at the screen etc, so I don't have any other ideas.

Offline doboy

• Bike: 1050 v strom
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 09:09:27 »
I used speaker wires direct to my Sat Nav for years but when I went over to blue tooth I found it a hell of a lot better , not having wires all over the place wafting about while your riding and having to disconnect every time I got off the bike .. I only use blue tooth for the Sat Nav as I find the silence and not having to talk to the wife worth its weight  in gold .... :icon_wink:

Offline beanster

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 16:40:03 »
all I know is that, we had autocom fitted, changed up to interphone f5mc which pairs brilliantly, but is an always open connection, we have sold them and are going back to autocom that uses a vox system, my lid is quite noisy, and it becomes nearly unbearable....