Author Topic: What do you do for Winter?  (Read 4453 times)

Offline Stonec0ld

• I was Paul_Nicholson
  • Bike: DL650A L5
Re: What do you do for Winter?
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 21:34:24 »
Am I the only one that does nothing? Granted I only just got my Strom, but I had a GSXR that lived outdoors all year round. I never treated it with anything, put any additives in anything, just had a cover and a trickle charger if I wasn't using it for a few weeks. Never had any issues

Offline mrp192

• Bike: V-Strom 1050
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2016, 21:48:06 »
Keep riding on the better days only now I don't have to commute to work any longer.
I prefer Scottoiler FS365 to other similar products and keep bike covered in it all winter so it looks horrible but when washed off in Spring the bike is still in good nick.
Wash bike regularly and spray it 365 straight after or if wet when I get back from a ride.
Prefer shorter rides late morning to mid afternoon and I think this is better for the bike than being stored away.

Offline Loz

• Bike: DL1000 & Beta300rr
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2016, 22:55:39 »
I lay my track bike up for winter, before I do I make sure its had a good wash / clean, and then thoroughly dried before coating with ACF50 & chain lubed,  Fuel additive added and bike is run to get this through system, then tank is brimmed to top.
It is then placed on paddock stands with both tyres off floor, I don't like leaving it on an optimate for to long, so will alternate the optimate between this and the Enduro bike on a weekly basis.
Once spring arrives I start her up, run her for a few minutes and then change the oil for fresh.
I'm lucky in that my lock up is heated and never drops below freezing so the bikes remain dry whilst stored,