Author Topic: new bike prices,v2  (Read 5952 times)

Offline zippy

Re: new bike prices,v2
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 16:50:07 »

yes good point have looked at the adventure 1050 looks a good bike with good stuff on it and priced very well
I looked at the 1190 and its a big price hike as well
 decisions decisions   :grin: :grin:

Offline trotts

• Bike: DL1000 L6
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2016, 17:59:06 »
What ? A stupid beak, its a thing of outstanding natural beauty  :violence-smack:

Re Fowlers (affectionately called Foulups to us locals).  Place to buy a Bike, since '95 had 9 Bikes 7 came from Fowlers. I have no issues with them, but as others alluded very expensive on servicing, but find me any main City dealer who is not ?  Apart from first service always gone else where for servicing issues to maintain a warranty. Again credit where it is due they were excellent with my ECU issue and I am led to believe was the 'first' with them.

When you consider options simply lurk on the owners forums. You certainly pick up on owners issues and aware there is a super ten one.  I lurked here for a year before I was 'happy' to take the plunge with confidence the niggles would be sorted (and they were). 

I would stick to 'Jap crap'. Petty bomb proof. European Bikes same  :shrug:

2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.

Offline zippy

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2016, 19:24:03 »
hi trotts, which issues did you see ,just curious as may have missed something
cheers in advance
jason

Offline listermint

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2016, 21:17:12 »
That super ten is one absolutely ugly machine

Offline Hondaman

• Bike: 650 L3
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2016, 22:01:38 »
A friend demo'd a ktm1050 & bought it - he absolutely loves it.
A few hundred mile 16 plate demo bike for 8k, with the higher power 1090 coming out & the 1050 being no more  there could be baragins to be had.

Shame the motors sound like a bag of spanners!

Offline WayneS

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2016, 22:16:49 »
The Super Ten is a very good bike but it is too heavy, by about 100lbs.

Offline frez

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2016, 10:31:01 »
The issues with the S10 were mostly sorted with the new model.

The old model could suffer from vibrations due to the clutch basket, I put the new models clutch basket in my old model, sorted. It's not a problem with the new model.

The automatic cam chain tensioner could give issues at higher mileages, a new one is in the new model, I put a manual CCT in mine.

The old ECU had naff mapping in the first 3 gears, a reflash would sort it, the new model is much better at stock, I don't know if anyone bothers reflashing a new model. I haven't properly reflashed my old model, yet.

The old model had a dodgy headlight wiring harness, was sorted under warranty, the new model is fine.

The stock screen is crap.

The stock tyres are fine but don't last long.

It only puts out about 100bhp. Is that enough?

The weight of the bike is only an issue if you take it off road, in which case any litre bike is the wrong tool as they are all lardy.
Now on a Super Tenere having put 64k miles on a 2011 DL650

Offline trotts

• Bike: DL1000 L6
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2016, 14:02:31 »
Hello trotts, which issues did you see

No, sorry, no issues, I mean there is a Super ten owners forum. Bit misleading from me !
2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.