Author Topic: Suzuki three year warranty  (Read 1333 times)

Offline doboy

• Bike: 1050 v strom
Suzuki three year warranty
« on: September 09, 2016, 08:35:19 »
 I see Suzuki have got a 3 yrs warranty on their new bikes in the uk...read the small print , its only till the end of this year ( up to now ) and the bike must be serviced at a Suzuki dealer ..good news for those that do big mileage  and it might make Suzuki sort out their charging problems if they have to keep replacing stators under warranty ..

Offline Macpfra

• Bike: DL650XT
Re: Suzuki three year warranty
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 09:04:07 »
Well my vstrom xt bought this year in March broke down. Suzuki refuse fix it under warranty. Service asking 700 for repair

Online Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 09:46:17 »
what's the cause of the breakdown? Why do they say it's not a warranty issue?

Online UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 12:54:15 »
As above,  interested to hear what the issue was. If not wear and tear then I thought they had to fix any issues under warranty?

Offline Lincsman

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 08:46:38 »
If you bought it on finance, get in touch with them and tell them what's going on. Don't forget they still own the bike till you have paid off the full amount, you might be surprised at what might happen next. A few years ago I bought a Hitachi TV that went wrong 5 times in as many weeks. On the last breakdown I asked for a new TV, Panasonic to be precise, the company said, "No",  so I said fine I'll contact the finance company to let them know what's going on. I walked out of the store with a new Panasonic TV, and never had any problems with the TV after that. Having just bought a new 650 V Strom, and having read various comments about Suzuki customer service since, I can't believe that Suzuki can be so stupid as to ignore the people that keep them in business. I hope you get something sorted out, and get back to the forum and let everyone know how you got on.
Fed up with anti motorcycle legislation ??. 
Then get off your backside and join the Motorcycle Action Group. Protect your right to ride.
DO YOU CARE ??
https://www.mag-uk.org/