Author Topic: Topbox Inner Bag  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Jono70

• Bike: 2014 Glee
Topbox Inner Bag
« on: July 04, 2016, 12:05:32 »
Hi All,

Looking for an inner bag for my "standard" Suzuki topbox as came with my '14 Glee Adventure (see my avatar). I've started commuting on it for the summer at least and I'm currently using a Tesco messenger bag and an assortment of carrier bags as the messenger bag isn't waterproof or big enough for laptop/lunch/work clobber etc.! Does anyone have the official Suzuki inner bag and if so is it any good/waterproof/worth the money? Or anything else on the market that fits (either bike-specific or something more general). Cheers in advance!

Offline SuzukiSte

Re: Topbox Inner Bag
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 14:37:52 »
I use a small cloth sports bag keeps butty box and stuff dray and clean can also have one made up at a sewing shop.

Offline Chris

• Bike: Suzuki V Strom 650 2012
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 16:18:04 »
I was doing some googling and found those:

http://www.bags2cover.co.uk/acatalog/Motorbike-Pannier-Inner-Bag.html

Anyone using them?

Offline mrp192

• Bike: V-Strom 1050
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 21:16:23 »
I have the standard top box and panniers. Couldn't stomach the price of the official bags so bought some Karrimor dry bags from the Sports Direct sale. I bought 1 light blue 25l, 3 green 15l and 1 orange 5l.
Used the 25 and a 15 in the LH pannier, two 15's in the RH pannier and the little one for must keep dry valuables in the top box.
You could easily get 2 15l in the top box and are very good quality and waterproof.
In sale total cost of all five about £17.
Had some quite heavy rain on NC500 in June and the boxes didn't leak anyway but maybe because new and seals still fresh.