Author Topic: PCFC fitted.  (Read 6633 times)

Offline trotts

• Bike: DL1000 L6
Re: PCFC fitted.
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 19:38:10 »
Yes can be daunting ! :shrug:

Power Commander V OR Power commander Fuel Controller. Respectfully for our Bikes you only need the latter (PCFC)

As wurzel says you have it fitted to Bike.  Bike is started up and runs right through rev range and Dyno man plugs his device into  the Exhaust on Bike and also connects to the Power commander Unit to HIS Dyno jet Computer.

He then adjusts Power commander accordingly via his Computer that's connected to power commander until fuelling is spot on through out rev range.  Once done that's that, UNLESS you change exhausts and change  type of filters etc etc etc

I really rate these and had them on all my Bikes last 15 years.  Quite a bit of You tube if you browse.

The map is on his computer, and to be honest if you play with them, get it done right. :)

Good luck
2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.

Offline Loz

• Bike: DL1000 & Beta300rr
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 21:50:06 »
I can understand where wintrmute is coming from, after having a Power commander go kaput on me, I had to replace said commander and then pay for another tune on replacement commander to map back to bike  :dl_smiley_banghead:
Nowadays I always back up the tuned map to my Computer and a copy to disc, this way I'm covered if the PC or computer go kaput.

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 23:30:38 »
    That does make snse Loz, but I only run android, so it's not possible...in hindsight, if I do the dyno thing again,  I will ask the tuner to burn me a disc with the tune on it for safe keeping.

Offline wintrmute

• Bike: DL1000A, Honda Super Cub
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2016, 00:13:10 »
Burning to disc? The year 2000 called, and it wants its slow and fiddly storage medium back :)

CDROMs are about as useful as VHS tapes now.. Maybe get the dyno bloke to put the map file on Dropbox/Google Drive/Sky for you? And as a bonus, now it's really easy to share the link! :D

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2016, 05:15:25 »
I'm not up on modern tech, storage of info, etc, I only know about discs and sticks. ....But I do know a bit about tuning,  and if you used my map on your bike, with the changes you state, it would run like a five legged dog.

The point I'm trying to get across, after reading your understanding of the subject, is it is important that people are familiar with how the power comander works, how correct fueling is imperative for longevity of the bike, and how it runs, in relation to modifications to the bike.

The best base or start map for your bike with just an end can is the stock map, or one of those provided by dynojet that corelates to your setup.

Once installed on the bike, the power comander will stay there, it does not program the ecu, the ecu is locked.

It is fun squeezing a little more zip from bikes, or any other mods we get up to, but many are made worse by people medling without knowing where they are going with it. Bit like me and computers......that's where dyno time pays off.