Author Topic: Innovv K1 Camera  (Read 6870 times)

Offline In me shed

• Bike: Gleek 650 XT AL6, BMW R1100RS, KH250 Tripple,
Innovv K1 Camera
« on: May 23, 2016, 22:47:29 »
Hi All

I did a search with no results hence the post.

I have tried a few different cameras with some success, I had 2 Innovv C3's on my Fazer but they didn't last long before packing up. I noticed Hendo has the K1 in his profile and I have been pondering this for some time, anyone got any experience of these before I waste another couple of hundred quid on something that ends up     in me shed.   :grin:

Cheers

Offline Hendo

• Bike: DL650XT
Re: Innovv K1 Camera
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 20:02:16 »
Hi In the shed,

My Innov K1 is still in the box.  I pick my DL650 up tomorrow so will be fitting it soon.  I'll try and get some pics of the fitting and positioning and then some footage.

All I have read about the cameras has been very positive
Mystic Silver Glee XT, Radiator Guard, Innovv K1, Powerbronze   Hugger, 12v, Rowe PDM60, Oxford Heated Grips, LED DRL, ABS Protectors, R&G mudguard Extender, ABS Protectors, Scottoiler v-System, SW Motech Light Brackets, Touratech Swingarm cover

Offline bigpie

• Site Donator
  • Bike: DL650
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 20:10:33 »
Did you get the bike specific K1? It looks pretty good. http://www.innovv.com/#!the-k1/c3r6

I'd be interested in a review once you are setup and have been using it.

Offline Hendo

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 21:54:09 »
I got the one for the bike yea, it's waterproof.  I'll do my best for the review
Mystic Silver Glee XT, Radiator Guard, Innovv K1, Powerbronze   Hugger, 12v, Rowe PDM60, Oxford Heated Grips, LED DRL, ABS Protectors, R&G mudguard Extender, ABS Protectors, Scottoiler v-System, SW Motech Light Brackets, Touratech Swingarm cover

Offline In me shed

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 22:35:17 »
Thanks Hendo. Good luck with your bike tomorrow, I'm hoping my 650 XT is ready tomorrow as well if the shop has finished building it  :lala:

Offline In me shed

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 22:55:21 »
Hi Hendo. Did you buy it direct from Innovv? and would you mind telling how much you paid.

Cheers

Offline Hendo

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 19:23:22 »
OK, I have installed the cameras.  Not wired the unit yet so no footage.

I used the bolt from the top box mounting for the rear camera, a short run then for the cable to the area under the seat near the toolkit.

The front camera I mounted under the beak.  I found a screw and used two angle brackets to give me more drop so the camera wasn't obstructed by the end of the duck bill.  I ran the cable up the side of the fairing, to the side of the tank mounting and through under the seat to the unit.

I'm not confident in wiring electrical stuff so will need some help wiring my relay box and then I can power the cameras.  Anyone in the Morpeth area willing to help will get a cuppa and some Rich Tea biscuits!!

@In The Shed, I did buy the cameras from Innov direct and paid £191.

some pictures attached.

Offline bigpie

• Site Donator
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 19:46:46 »
That's pretty discrete, I like it. I'm keen to see if the footage is any good.
Too far away for me to help with the wiring, what are you having trouble with?

Is that a tether for a Helite I spy there?

Offline Hendo

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 20:36:40 »
Bigpie Bigeye,  well spotted yea I have the Helite Jacket.  Had a vest a few years ago and got the jacket as a Christmas present this year, to myself.

I have a Relay box to fit http://www.cosmo-accessories.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_category_id=4&virtuemart_product_id=84&Itemid=

Looks pretty straight forward but I'm not sure where to get the best/easiest feed from for the ignition.

Cameras are discreet, I can't wait to see footage either!!  I thought I'd rather have that than a Go Pro or the like, not a bad price considering you get 2 cameras and a GPS and a screen to view it on.

Offline bigpie

• Site Donator
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 21:59:42 »
I do a plug and play relay fusebox, I take the trigger from the tail light connector, its just under the tank, its a white connector with 2 wires. I'll get you a photo of the wire to splice for a convenient switched live.

I link you to where to get the connector and instructions if you don't want to mess with your loom.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline Hendo

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 10:22:07 »
Hi Bigpie,

That will be great, thanks

Offline bigpie

• Site Donator
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 19:04:44 »
I'd make you one up, but I don't have any of the connectors at the moment and I'm going away in a couple of days.

You need to get http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-2-8mm-ELECTRICAL-MULTI-PLUG-CONNECTOR-TERMINAL-BLOCK-WITH-LATCH-/191688272058?var=&hash=item2ca182e8ba:m:mQbzAzgI3eUOoxkLw5lwPXA the 2 way 2.8mm connector set and wire it up to pass through and add a tail so that it looks like this:

What you are looking to plug in to looks like:

But there will be another connector plugged to to, disconnect and connect your new one between them.

Offline Hendo

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 19:09:16 »
Thanks Bigpie, that looks great.  I'll let you know how I get on

Offline bigpie

• Site Donator
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 19:52:10 »
If you get stuck post me the parts and ilk make it up when I get back. I think you'll be OK though.

Offline In me shed

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 11:36:23 »
@In The Shed, I did buy the cameras from Innov direct and paid £191.

Thanks Hendo, can't wait to see footage

Offline Hendo

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 13:31:25 »
Footage available to take a look at.  I have positioned the front camera on the crash bar for now, it picked up too much beak in the original position.  I am trying different modes and this one is on Landscape, looks no different than with No Mode to be honest, however Sport mode is not as good.

Rear camera is on the top box mount and works fine.

Front Camera:  https://drive.google.com/open?I'd=0B1Tbc_z1N3FKX1laelpGVTRmdDQ

Rear Camera:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Tbc_z1N3FKenkwZGwxLVVUd2s/view?usp=sharing

Image of software included in kit, GPS connected

Offline Hendo

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 14:22:36 »

Offline JesterRich

• Bike: Veek 1000 2014
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 21:21:06 »
Good quality video (front and rear)  :thumb:

Offline In me shed

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 16:36:18 »
Looks like my credit card is getting a battering tonight (may have to wait till my manager of domestic affairs has left the room)  :bow-blue:

Suppose I can always blame Hendo for providing such a good review.

Cheers Hendo

Offline bigpie

• Site Donator
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 18:21:41 »
Those videos converted to 480p?