Author Topic: AVOID AT ALL COSTS - HBC MOTORCYCLES, NOTTINGHAM  (Read 16632 times)

Offline Ccmp

• Bike: DL1000 K3
Re: AVOID AT ALL COSTS - HBC MOTORCYCLES, NOTTINGHAM
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2016, 08:23:27 »
5 weeks is a crazy length of time to hold a bike for. Re Suzuki recalls in general, any part that may be required to complete the job should be in the dealers workshop before the bike is touched.
 Same issue with the DL650 recall, we'll check the tolerances and if they're out we'll need to order more parts.

Offline rincewind921

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2016, 00:16:01 »
Interesting to see the dealer reply. Suzuki were spoken to on numerous occasions and the dealer initially refused to comply with their instructions and guidance to allow the bike to be transported to another dealer to complete the recall work, continually stating that they couldn't release it. This attitude was consistent until the end of the 5th week. The dealer was extremely rude, using abusive language when none was needed, welcomed, or used towards them.
I thank them for replying, with no foul language or insinuations.
Suzuki confirmed to HBC that the bike was going to be transported by them to another dealer for repair, with the dealer eventually refusing to talk to Suzuki as well for part of this incident. This was confirmed by Suzuki.
Advice was taken with confirmation that my consumer rights in denying access to my property was breached.
The Two Wheel Centre were totally different in their attitude and happily worked with the customer and Suzuki, using good communication and customer service throughout.
HBC gave a straight refusal to make a warranty enquiry about marks to a titanium exhaust. Not what you'd expect from any dealer.
In a front facing customer service you have to accept and expect some criticism and things not to always run smoothly, not use foul language, or be condescending or obnoxious in any way. Customers are a companies living, are there to work with and not against. Everyone should be mindful of the old adage of "the customer is always right" and as said, everyone has their view.
I have a good income and change my bikes regularly. Another dealer with a very good reputation and excellent customer service now has my continued and repeat custom.
As an addendum, this dealer does not have a courtesy bike and never offered one.
My experience is that they also do not complete courtesy calls, when promised, to tell you when your bike is ready from service, leaving you to contact them or just guess when it's ready.
Thankfully a line has been drawn under this by me by finding excellent customer service elsewhere.

Offline SimonW

• Bike: DL1050XT
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2016, 02:36:10 »
..."the customer is always right" ...
Whoever first invented this cliche should be shot.

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2016, 08:37:02 »
I agree SimonW, but I believe that the cliche should be modified to "the customer is always right...unless they are wrong". That should do it...!!!
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2016, 08:40:36 »
The customer is always right, unless they want their bike back.
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2016, 09:48:43 »
 lol

Well, I'm glad the bike got sorted in the end :thumb: and glad you've found somewhere you're happy with  :thumb:

I'm the same, excellent customer service will keep me going back again and again,  poor customer service will see me go elsewhere next time.