Author Topic: Suzuki Veek touring screen.  (Read 7026 times)

Offline Captain

• Bike: DL650A K9 GT. DL1000A L6
Suzuki Veek touring screen.
« on: April 02, 2016, 00:22:22 »
It's a bit of a long shot but has anyone got one of the Suzuki touring screens for the Veek which they would allow me to try because as some of you know the standard one ain't the best. I'm based in the west midlands and don't mind travelling within reason. I have a givi airflow on my wee which is superb but I ain't sure that they look the best on the Veek.

Offline SimonW

• Bike: DL1050XT

Offline CandyFloss

• Bike: V Strom DL650 2017
Re: Suzuki Veek touring screen.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 14:02:19 »
Hi Captain from Brierley Bonk. I have a touring screen but like the stock screen it didn't make that much difference so I tried the Puig which I think not only looks the part but for me does the trick. You are quite welcome to try mine to compare. I live in Wolvo, message me.

Offline Methusela

• Bike: DL650XT
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 20:09:39 »
Hi. I've just swapped my touring screen for an MRA Vario and am very pleased I did. I'm in East Anglia but if you want to try the touring screen you are welcome.

Offline trotts

• Bike: DL1000 L6
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 16:01:54 »
I have always had MRA screens on my bikes,  (bandit1250, and Varadero and Tigers before).
I had made up my mind for one until I read loads reviews on this forum. I read on here ,on many occasions that the Givi Aero Flow is the one to go for.
Found one on Amazon (came from Germany) and now fitted. So pleased and transformed the ride (at least for me)
Had my Bike  for one month and done 100 miles with the Givi fitted. Buffeting and 'head wobble' is eliminated and it is so adjustable to get it right for you. :)  Thanks to reports on here, otherwise I would have had the MRA for certain.   The MRA might look a bit nicer, but the Givi works. As they say,'One mans meat is another man poison'  :smirk:  What works for some ....
2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.

Offline Oldted

• Bike: DL1000 L5, Aprilia SL1000
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 16:26:45 »
I've fitted the Puig screen, I'm 5'9" and it deflects the majority of air nicely over my head. I can ride at 70mph with my visor up.
I'm just North of the Humber Bridge.

Offline ajs500

• Bike: AL4
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 23:03:20 »
I've tried the Suzuki Touring, MRA and Givi airflow on the Vee. Personal preference but the MRA didn't deflect enough nearly wind for me (on a European tour) and I still had a fair bit of helmet noise. So...... I installed the Airflow. I should have plumped for this first - great screen to ride behind.

Offline Lucan

• Bike: Ducati 939 Hyperstrada
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 16:27:49 »
Givi airflow...not a looker, but does the job ....

Offline Captain

• Bike: DL650A K9 GT. DL1000A L6
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 16:51:09 »
Just ordered one.

Offline Kikken

• Bike: DL1000AL5
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 19:49:04 »
Givi airflow...not a looker, but does the job ....
I must agree - the look of the bike is not going to approve, but the wind protection is so good I would probably never mount the original one again  :grin:

Offline John Cassidy

• Bike: Suzuki V-Strom 1000A
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 17:24:05 »
My Airflow works a treat on my Veek.  I personally don't think it looks bad... but these things are subjective.   I have it just a few CMs up from the lowest setting and it does a great job and does not look particularly big so configured,  IMO.   Hated motorway riding on the bike with the stock screen -  found it scary -   now it's fine.

I'm 5' 11 and wear a Shark Evo One  -  predominantly in the open position.   Sometimes I even forget to flip my visor down!!

Offline 2WheelDrifter

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 18:52:43 »
Fitted National Cycle VSteam Touring windscreen to 2014 V-strom 1000.  Test ride tomorrow but very impressed by fit, finish, aesthetics and ease of fitment.  Need mirror extenders for when at position nearest rider.  Expensive compared to other options I know but riding comfort is soon important to me and reports seem to be very positive.  I'll update in due course.

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 07:18:20 »
I fitted the givi airflow recently, wow, it is a different bike at speed, I have it set an inch from its highest position at the moment,but will be lowering it down to see how it performs.
I'm setting my Veek up for longer two up hauls, and I think this a very good mod, well worth the money.

Offline 2WheelDrifter

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 21:28:48 »
Test ride today with National Cycle Vstream touring windscreen.  Amazing result with all buffeting gone and able to sustain motorway speed in comfort with open face helmet.  Was able to leave off ear plugs and gained from having more awareness of other traffic.  I fitted it on the uppermost holes of the sprung brackets.  I'm 6' and found position 1 (closest to rider) to be most effective.  It still allowed me to see over top of screen yet provided exceptional wind protection with a light breeze about the face.  Still had rain on my visor but a push forward to position 3 stopped most of that - position 3 seems too vertical on such a large screen for my liking.  Some may baulk at size of screen compared to standard but perhaps no different from that found as standard on KTM 1290 and new Honda Africa Twin.  Some pics attached.  Expensive screen but thoroughly recommended.

Offline 2WheelDrifter

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 14:43:32 »
One final image showing standard screen vs VStream.  Apart from being taller it is also much wider lower down.

Offline Kevinc

• Bike: VStrom DL1000 Adventure, Royal Enfield 500 Bullet
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 18:00:31 »
I have just bought a Givi Airflow for my Veek. Best price I could find was £88.01 from Motocard, inc delivery by UPS. Arrived in 5 days. Now just need to fit it!

Offline SimonW

• Bike: DL1050XT
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2016, 22:40:04 »
...Was able to leave off ear plugs and gained from having more awareness of other traffic....
Not wishing to re-open the age old debate, and with due regard to personal choice, but all the messages I've read on forums from bikers who have tinnitus or are nearly deaf go something along the lines of "I wish I'd worn ear plugs when I was younger".