Author Topic: Picked up today, deep joy !  (Read 1444 times)

Offline trotts

• Bike: DL1000 L6
Picked up today, deep joy !
« on: March 03, 2016, 21:45:54 »
At last took possession of beast !  better still a nice day, dry roads and reasonable air temperature in the old west country.  12 miles run home became 36 miles  :)

Riding position great, although seat like a plank but sure that will ease with time.  Very very smooth.  Far better than demo I rode while back.  Already booked in for first service next month.  When doing that got chatting to receptionsist who confirmed they had a service bulletin re the ECU issues and she reckons affected about 1 in 10, and would not be an issue if I had the well reported problems.  To be honest not really bothered and very happy with Bike.  Having sold all bits of old 1250 I will take my time and see how I get on with things, but I have to admit that Fuel can is tempting, once run in ! :)   
2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
Re: Picked up today, deep joy !
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 21:54:27 »
Enjoy your bike, they do ride lovely, an end can does perk them up a little, makes the bike feel more free to rev.
I have arrow collector and fuel end can on mine, with a tune, and that makes a significant difference, but is not for all tastes, though it's an hours work to go back to stock if need be.

Offline Relevant11

• Bike: Dl1000L4. KTM XCF 350, Royal Enfield interceptor 650( yes they are as good as they say)
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 00:17:08 »
 Hope you enjoy  the real world abilities of this  much maligned species!
  I can vouch for the fuel end can ,  huge improvement to the acoustic performance????

Offline Roadrocket

• Live to ride, ride to live
  • Bike: Suzuki DL1000AL4ABS + DL650K5
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 12:41:20 »
Welcome and Enjoy, Had mine 17 months now, still get excited thinking about going out for a ride and yes the Fuel can a must!

Offline trotts

• Bike: DL1000 L6
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 18:30:49 »
Thanks Roadrocket :)

I have to admit I have seen most of your 'you tube' posts, rather good I must say !

I sold my 'Fuel' had on bandit for 4 years and was still like new then !   They will give me 5% off for returning customer, I will go down that route before the spring.  I have so many questions to ask, trying to refrain !  Sod it, going to post re tank bags !
2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.