Author Topic: Mounting Scotoiler and my new Bike  (Read 1254 times)

Offline trotts

• Bike: DL1000 L6
Mounting Scotoiler and my new Bike
« on: February 28, 2016, 18:24:59 »
 :lala:
Looking good, picking up my new  Bike Thursday (weather even seems kind so far).  All custom bits from old bandit sold should fund a few things.

One item I saved from my bandit was my scotoiler, all fixtures and fittings and touring high capacity reservoir. I would like to fit this on my Bike, but I note Scotoiler web site say not suitable for the V strom. (They said this with the bandit as well, and worked fine with minor modification).

I have done a search and has anyone had any joy, or tried, fitting the touring version (fits behind number plate).  If I cannot, it will not end of the world and will mount normal reservoir, and second question is those who have where have you placed it for best effect for keeping it upright and easy access .  Looking forward to Thursday now.  Other half will not see me much I reckon that day  :haha:   
2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.

Offline Sam

Re: Mounting Scotoiler and my new Bike
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 18:58:28 »
I believe that the only reason it is not recommended for the V-strom (& some other bikes) is because it blocks the number plate light. Not really a big deal - it would need to be a bored pedantic plod to ticket you for that or similar Mot tester to fail it. But up to you really... :shrug:

Offline Methusela

• Bike: DL650XT
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 19:42:07 »
I've got the specific one for the V Strom fitted. It's very neat and runs out through the swinging arm and the quill is fixed to the paddock stand fitting. The reservoir is mounted horizontally on the off side on the top rail just below the saddle. It works really well

Offline V-Strom3

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 23:48:36 »
I put my hcr in the front fairing stuck velcro to the fairing and the back of the hcr, held with edge of tank and sub frame, but mostly with the velcro.

Velcro means I can take it off the fairing to refill as it's easier than in situ.
Life is short - You have to enjoy it on a Wee-Strom!