Author Topic: ECU warranty replacement  (Read 86569 times)

Offline sasha28yug

Re: ECU warranty replacement
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2016, 11:22:21 »
Appreciate it mate ... I'll take a look later today or tomorrow... cheers ????

Offline trotts

• Bike: DL1000 L6
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2016, 15:46:56 »
My Bike had first service today, had to watch the mileage last few weeks, as did not want to go way over the 600 miles.

I had hoped that the ECU business could have been sorted out at this point today, but in all fairness they wanted to check it over first.  They did this at first service and concurred with my issues, namely my occasional misfires and low speed 'lumpyness'.  Suzuki have approved replacement ECM (ECU) which will be ordered Monday by the warranty section, department.  Downside is another trip to dealers to have same fitted.  However fair play to all concerned.  I still really rate the Bike, and think it will only get better now !! :grin:

Of course I bought an old 2014 model left lying around, I saw some new 2016 ones in Show room, nice Silver one, I was tempted to ask them to whip the ECM of that and plonk it on mine  :haha:
2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.

Offline Jacksnipe

« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2016, 20:01:53 »
My bike has had the under tank wiring issues sorted today and has had the updated ECU fitted. On a return journey of approx 20 miles today on mixed roads the verdict is positive. Fuelling is spot on even down the lower end of the rev range, I feel the bike revs a little more freely at the top end. Great service and support by Two Wheeled Centre Mansfield Nottinghamshire Main Suzuki Dealer.

Offline bosnjo

• Bike: DL1000 L7
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2016, 18:44:44 »
Been to my dealer today for some other reason, and as we're friends and we talk a lot about things, he told me it's been decided in Portugal all ECU's will be replaced, independently of owner complaining or not. It can't be called "Recall" because it's not. It's just simple unilateral decision made by main Suzuki importer for Portugal.
Maybe that's the beginning of the road to replace them all, in whole Europe.
DL1000 2017 white
DL1000 2014 red (sold)
DL650 2012 white (sold)

Offline Jacksnipe

« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2016, 07:34:56 »
Went out on the DL yesterday on a Ride out two up with about 35 bikes in the group. This new ECU has improved this bike no end you can now trickle along with no lurch (Aware this bike is a V mind you)and it picks up its heels better as well. The journos go on about this bikes lack of top end but at 5000 rpm a doddle of a cruising speed in top you are not hanging about at all. It has loads of useable power all across its rev range and its handling is top notch for me this bike is a bang on competitor with the new BM GS but far far better value !  :grin:

Offline trotts

« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2016, 08:05:02 »
Great news.  Mine is being done in a few weeks, the part is in the stealers but got to book so far in advance this time of year. But at least in hand.

The Bike is a great improvement over my 1250 bandit in many areas and no regrets, apart from low speed running where at 30mph got to be in third to avoid 'chugging' and lurching. I am happy that this new ECU will resolve that.  I have also ordered a Power Commander V  having been a great supporter of these but could not sort this until ECU fixed.  happy days ahead
2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.

Offline Roadrocket

• Live to ride, ride to live
  • Bike: Suzuki DL1000AL4ABS + DL650K5
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2016, 17:48:45 »
New ECU and free flowing exhaust silencer and it's lift off!!!

Offline Monkey

« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2016, 19:08:36 »
What exhaust?

Offline JesterRich

• Bike: Veek 1000 2014
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2016, 21:41:51 »
Took bike in last Wednesday, had wiring loom and 7500 service done on Thursday but delay on getting ecu swapped. Found nothing wrong with loom so told had new electrical plug and boot fitted, I was pleased as it now seems more likely to be ecu than some electrical wiring fault, I've been told that because it's not a recall then it's up to Suzuki to OK replacement and due to my v5 details not same as what on main Suzuki computer then that having to be sorted before they can carry on with ecu replacement "fingers crossed "  :angry-banghead: will keep posted as things progress.

Online UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2016, 23:01:17 »
Suzuki recorded my registration details wrong and still haven't corrected it, though never an issue with warranty claims

Offline JesterRich

« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2016, 23:13:54 »
Cheers, it's sort of nice to know not the only one with dodgy paperwork, hopefully they get their finger out and approve ecu. When that's done I can spend time getting Suzuki to update system inbetween work rest and play...... :dance:

Offline trotts

« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2016, 13:44:59 »
Deep joy in Brizzle ! :lala:

This morning Bike in at dealers and ECU done.  Went and had 'slim boys breakfast' when they did job.  Mechanic came and found me hour later,  and I knew it was going to be good when he said 'it rides lovely now!'  Seems strange but I seem to be the first in one of the UK largest dealerships (Fowlers Bristol) to have it done.

The 13 miles home became 50 and like many before me on this thread, I can only say the difference is like 'Night and day' or 'chalk and cheese'. No harshness, 30 mph is where I really noticed it.  One village is about 4 miles long and 30mph. Used to have to be in third (sometimes even 2nd) Now I could easily stick it in 5th and get away with it.  I then hopped onto M5 and did a few miles and again really noticed how performed so much better between 50 and 70 in 6th. It never really liked 50 in top (6th) before this.

It is sad that many riders from 2014/15 bikes must be riding these great bikes oblivious that the rough running is not a characteristic, but a p1ss poor map and ecu.  That said I am grateful to my dealer and Suzuki who have fixed mine without any drama. I wonder how anyone would get on with an early 14 bike out of warranty.

As a footnote I get 'Motorcycle Sport and leisure.'  In this months The rider Bruce hands  back  his V strom 1000 after long term test loan period. He states he really liked it, will miss it , apart from.....lumpy running, lumpy motor at low revs. He has not got a clue about this !  I feel the need for an e mail ! :)

Offline kels

ECU warranty replacement
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2016, 13:50:26 »
I found my 2015 V-Strom lumpy from new and told the dealership, but having come from a super smooth GSX1250 we both agreed it was just the V twin engine. I've got the recall coming up and will push for the ECU swap now.

Offline trotts

« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2016, 14:04:51 »
Quote removed

We came from similar background as had Bandit 1250 for almost 5 years same lump, which was 'great'.  (V twins before that). That said the V strom is so much better in almost every other department. Lumpy running (coughs, cut outs), and all the things contained herein. If you suffer these issues go for it, Suzuki are aware.

Offline kels

« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2016, 16:49:16 »
Agreed! Had the 1250 Bandit before too, great bike with a superb engine so stuck to the same engine with a GSX1250. the Strom is so much better in many ways but the lumpy running is a bit annoying having come from such a smoothy. I have other problems at the moment, such as bad running, like an HT lead gone bad!

Offline kels

ECU warranty replacement
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2016, 11:39:16 »

My ECU is the original version, bike is from May 2015. Will definitely push for a J002. Might have overlooked it as kind of got used to the lumpy low end, but now it's seriously lacking power.

Offline Kimbles

• Bike: 2014 Vstrom 1000 in red
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2016, 19:10:57 »
Just looked at mine and I have the dreaded J00 ECU never had a stalling problem apart from once last May can feel a little lumpy at low speed though, having my safety recall done at Fiveways Hull on 8th June (cancelled padgetts they were very bad on the customer side) so will see if I can hopefully get one of the new ones fitted.

Offline Downunder

• Bike: Vee2
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2016, 00:49:30 »
My J00 ECU was changed under warranty to the J02 yesterday. Very happy with the result. Idles more smoothly; pulls cleanly in top gear from 50kph where it was previously 60kph; and the best change is that it now goes like a rocket in 2nd and 3rd gears from 3,000 revs up.

Previously I had a noticeable power hole between 3,000-6,000 revs. The motor would hold back on full throttle in those gears then take off when it hit 6,000. It was most noticeable when accelerating up a hill. Now there is strong thrust through all the way through the rev range in 2nd and 3rd, just like in the other gears.  :happydance:
Richmond, NSW, Aus
DL1000 ABS 2014

Offline JesterRich

« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2016, 21:55:19 »
Just had mine done, wow what a difference, no more lumpy throttle when filtering through traffic and when the time is right bloody hell it picks its feet up. Well worth getting the old type changed. :lala: :lala:

Offline veejay

« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2016, 12:59:34 »
Had mine replaced last Friday - 165 miles through Wales's finest twisties on Sunday without a pop/ fart or stall! MUCH better, smoother and with nice clean drive from low revs and most of the on/off fuelling sorted in low gears. Idle is higher on cold start up as well - this is how the bike should have been from day one - very happy with it!