Author Topic: Grip Puppies update  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Cobby

Grip Puppies update
« on: August 02, 2015, 20:25:42 »
Not sure why but I can't edit or reply to my original post from last week but if you can remember this,  

Thanks for the welcomes and posts. I'll report on how I got on with the Grip Puppies on my return next week.

I now have an update. Grip puppies were great. They did exactly what they said they would do and I would recommend them to any one. I've just returned from a 800 plus mile ride in bonny Scotland and although a little tired,my wrists and hands did not suffer from any aches or pains and more important, no vibey numbness.

Great little product, easily fitted but beware, they do increase the thickness of the grips which took a little bit of getting used to but once mastered they did the trick for me.

Go on, 'Grip those puppies'  :grin:

On another note. Because I'm a lanky bugger, I feel as though my bike would benefit from a peg lowering kit. Does any one know who might do such a kit. My bike is a 2014 VStrom 1000.

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
Re: Grip Puppies update
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 21:16:40 »
See the Cymarc Section for peg lowering kits. Lots of us fellow lankies have one.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline Bratton

• Bike: 2017 MT-09
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 10:08:03 »
I fitted my Grip puppies on saturday and went out for about 3 hours including some rough Byways and found they really helped, I was getting numb fingers before but not any more, only trouble I had was I cut them a bit short :thumb:

Offline SimonW

• Bike: DL1050XT
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 12:52:45 »
I was the guinea pig for Cymarc's DL1000 2014 foot peg lowering kit but they didn't work so I ended up ordering a set from Adventure Tech in the US. It's definitely worth dropping Cymarc a message first though, in case they now make a version which fits.

Offline Cobby

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 20:41:37 »
Thanks for the replies everyone,

I asked Cymarc a couple of weeks ago before I joined this forum if his kit fitted my bike. Unfortunately the answer was no so just tonight I ordered a kit from the US of A. Extortionate P+P but that's the price you pay I suppose.

I'll post installation pictures if anyone is interested.

Thanks.