Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 706 times)

Offline Spike

What would you do?
« on: June 15, 2015, 09:23:28 »
My K7 wee, 17000 miles recently had a 14k service, and has not been right ever since.

It occasionally stalls/dies when stood at traffic lights, starts OK, rides OK, but every so often it just dies out when stopping at junctions.

I returned it to the dealer stating the fault was not present before the service, they took the bike in and have had it for over 2 weeks (not sure how much time spent looking at it) and the fault is still present.
they have re-checked everything they have done on the service, they have put another fuel pump on it and the fault is still there.

should I take it to a new place and have a fresh set of eyes start again? or, let the dealer finish his investigation into it???

Also, as it seems they cannot measure valves properly, could this have anything to do with it? viewtopic.php?f=58&t=25653&p=255114&hilit=bad+luck#p255114

Offline Timmo

Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 10:31:09 »
I go on the basis you can't argue someone in being better than they are so take my money elsewhere it's their loss. A new set of eyes will even re- check something like spark plugs and not take what they have already done as correct. Ask a forum member close to you for an honest and tested mechanic.

Offline Descolada

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 11:38:50 »
As soon as it takes someone two weeks to try and diagnose a fault you know you are in trouble. Get your money back and take it somewhere else before they make it worse.

Offline workaholic

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 12:06:59 »
I have a similar problem when my engine is working on constant speed for a long time.
Greywolf suggested I check my tps sensor.
Maybe you should check yours too.
Just an opinion.
Hope you sort it out soon.