Author Topic: I've been away for a while  (Read 967 times)

Offline msharpe

• Bike: DL1000 L6
I've been away for a while
« on: November 06, 2014, 09:00:14 »
Hi all I have been away for a while, a couple of years ago I brought a DL650K6 as a partial runner (only running on one) that some of you may remember, especially juvecu who assisted me in pin pointing the ECU.
Well having got it running and using it for 6months (I'm ready for the critism) I found it lacking in power for my liking but very comfortable and suitable for my ongoing injuries (lack of movement in right knee, and a screw fixing in my left knee digging in to everything it shouldn't be) so it was sold and I brought a GSF1250SA K9 Limited Edition.
It was an immense bike but the afore mentioned injuries  :limp: from a previous accident have started rearing their ugly heads again and the Bandit was too uncomfortable. I have been shopping around for an adventure bike and really want another VStrom but a thousand.
I have searched hi and low but everyone seems to be wanting silly money for poor examples, I was gutted to see the KLV that was advertised on here sold. If I had remembered you blokes sooner Id have snapped his hand off for that prime example and reasonable money.

So I am now in the market for a DL/KLV 1000, If I win the lottery I will buy a new one but until then if any of you lovely people see or hear of anything can you let me know PLEASE. :)  :grin:

Online Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
Re: I've been away for a while
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 16:53:35 »
Keep an eye on the For Sale section, there have been a couple of long running sales for KLVs & Dl1000s
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 19:08:06 »
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Muddy

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 19:31:05 »
Have you thought about a TDM 900? A lovely example for sale on the Carpe-Tdm forum. It's not mine, but I know the bloke looks after his bikes meticulously.
http://www.carpe-tdm.net/ipb/index.php?showtopic=30832

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 20:09:55 »
Carpe tdm, like it. :)

Offline msharpe

• Bike: DL1000 L6
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 14:49:39 »
I'll admit forgot all about the forum during my hunt, I know I'm a  :text-datsphatyo: and when I had seen that KLV that had been on for months had sold the day before I found my calling and came back here I was gutted.
With regards to the TDM the leg position is too tight for my fecked knee, I have limited mobility I my right knee so it's hard finding something to fit, the Bandit wasn't ideal I put lower pegs on it but I still wasn't in a position to use the rear brake very well and my boots had a hammering due to  the reduced clearance.
So far I have tried :-
BMW K1200RT, Moto Guzzi stelvio, CBF1000, TDM850 and 900, Transalp, VFR800vtec, Versys 650 and1000, Tuono, PanEuropean 1100 and 1300. I think that's about it so far all bikes renowned for being comfortable tourers / tall bikes but all with a seat height to peg height that is too small. I am currently trying to find an early 1000 multistrada and a tiger 800 to try for size, but everything seems to be pointing back to the VSTROM! The 650 I had was comfortable without modification and seemed to fit around my physical limitations.

Offline cpjs

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 17:07:33 »
How about  a BMW 800/1200 GS you can put peg lowering kits on them without ground clearance probs as they have loads to spare.
Too young to be in care, too old to remember why.