Author Topic: It's only Rock N' Roll...but I like it  (Read 1072 times)

Offline t8ull

It's only Rock N' Roll...but I like it
« on: August 25, 2014, 15:07:32 »
So did a very bizarre Rock and Roll  thing today, recent owner (2/8/14) 2007 650DLX so bear with me as I can't contain my enthusiasm!
From a perfectly warm, dry start  at home I decided to nip into town in the lashing rain, the long way and get the Royal Blood album.(am I acting normal). Mrs V-Strom looked out of the window and raised her sculptured brows at me
I have been a sportsbike owner for past years and havent ridden in the rain for a long, long time.  
I found out a lot of things, the bike is planted and perfectly at ease in the rain,the riding position commanding in a sort of don't F@?k with me way,  but the ride did (which is another reason I went out) highlight which parts of my kit need addressing if I am to do this sort of lune thing more often. definitely need a pinlock insert (had before), and my boots needed a lot to be desired. Any tips for 100% waterproof boots without spending Altberg or Daytona sort of money? my HG goretex kit was also as expected up to the job, but could do with a wash in NicWax to refresh the waterproofing a bit, which is the advice for goretex I understand.
Funny thing is, I only saw one other bike out today.............will leave you to guess what it was..another V-Strommer of course!
is this infectious?  as I feel rejeuvenated all of a sudden

Tim
Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer, Triumph Sprint RS, Suzuki SV 650S, Yamaha YZF 600 Thundercat, BMW F800S, Honda VTR1000F Firestorm, Triumph Tiger 1050,
Suzuki DL650X V-Strom

Offline Twiggy

• Bike: KLV1000
Re: It's only Rock N' Roll...but I like it
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 16:19:39 »
I became a fair weather biker until I got my Vee, it just doesn't care what the weather does. It's a great feeling isn't it!
Neil

Offline Bobstar222

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 18:05:47 »
You get a lot of satisfaction riding in the rain when there's not a lot of other bikes out cover your bike in ACF50 and take it through the winter there's nowt better.

Offline Hugo Magnus

• Ride Coordinator
  • Bike: DL650A L3, DR-Z400s Multistrada 1260ST
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 18:12:42 »
is this infectious?

I don't know, it is certainly rejuvenating.
The interruptions ARE the journey  (Ted Simon)

Ride Coordinator

Offline RevCounter

• Bike: DL650 AL4
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 19:59:19 »
I have a nickname amongst my friends 'Thundercloud' (from when I rode a Thunderace) as it seems to rain a lot when I ride a bike.... So hearing this about the Vstrom is great news  :rain:

I hope to get my 'Glee' 1st Sept  :lala:
Bones heal, but glory is forever!

Gp100, XL185, RD350LC, DT125, FZR600, CBR600F, Thunderace, R1, DL650.

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 20:19:22 »
I got some Sidi Black Rain boots off eBay, hardly used for £50. Tested on two Welsh National Rallies, various Scottish rainstorms and, just today, a 240 mile ride from West Wales to home without it stopping raining once. Still 100% waterproof.

Offline Stromivarius

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 20:20:31 »
I know exactly what you mean, I get a really happy feeling when riding in the rain.

Providing you are dry and warm it is a complete blast and very enjoyable. You know that car drivers are looking at you and thinking "Rather him that me" but it's a refreshing change to ride in the pissing down rain

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 21:00:42 »
You should all come back here in a week and read what you've posted lol It's bonkers, like a bunch of rain romantics that's just smoked something that you shouldn't have :crazy:
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline Twiggy

• Bike: KLV1000
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 21:04:47 »
I've never owned a bike that has given me such a grin and confidence.
A Vee will never be an R1 or any sport bike but it just gives me such, er, spirit I'll call it, yeah, SPIRIT, and long may it continue.
Neil