Author Topic: Thinking of a 650, your thoughts please....  (Read 8056 times)

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
Re: Thinking of a 650, your thoughts please....
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2014, 12:45:14 »
The GPR is well made for the price so while it's a value for money exhaust it's not a budget item. The stainless is good quality and so is the build quality. The bracket does seem like it needs an extra one, but I've not fitted an extra one and I don't have any issues with it. Perhaps it seems a bit weird because the stock exhaust has a bracket mid way, but the GPR is a bit lighter so doesn't really need it. For peace of mind I might fit one later on, but since I won't be using the Strom off road much any more I might not bother. There's some pictures in the restoration thread linked in my signature.

Don't be afraid to run the Glee in the higher RPMs, that engine will handle riding into the redline as much as you can. Keep it spinning over in higher RPM ranges so you sit right on the power all the time and, assuming you're not on the daft Trailwings, you'll keep up with practically anything in the twisties (well, perhaps not with an experienced supermoto rider :auto-dirtbike: )

Make an effort to go on one of the ride outs with a bunch of Stroms that are looking for dirty little back roads. The Glee might click more if you use it in it's "natural" environment with others riding them too.

Secretly you know you made the right choice, at least for now, your life expectancy just increased exponentially  :grin:
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline stedor

Re: Thinking of a 650, your thoughts please....
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2014, 17:40:49 »
Buy one! you'll love it...best bike I've owned, and owned a few over the years.