Author Topic: Spotted..!! A grey Vee on a dyno in Kent...  (Read 950 times)

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
Spotted..!! A grey Vee on a dyno in Kent...
« on: March 25, 2014, 12:32:20 »
Hello all,
bought myself 2 hours on a dyno (H&M Racing) today and thought I'd share it with you all.

Was nice being back on a dyno, this time with a complete different beast, let see how she goes..

Was please with the outcome as the bike has always had a generic map uploaded from the power commander website which ran OK but not perfect.
shes now as smooth as silk and although she topped 95bhp that's not what I went there for. my main goal was to make her run smooth with lots of torque and if you look at the next graph in one point there's a gain of over 12lbs or torque on a 4th gear run.

:)  :)  :)
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
Re: Spotted..!! A grey Vee on a dyno in Kent...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 15:41:13 »
Nice useful torque curve you have there. Loads of mid range wallop, real world power, rather than a gazillion revs 4 cyl motor. Lube your gear linkage, I doubt it'll see much use. :grin:
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 18:13:42 »
Kwackboy - never having had a bike on a dyno, and with my imperfect eyesight,  can you give an idiots guide to the various charts please? Is the blue line the original, first run? What are the coloured dots?
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 18:33:48 »
Quote from: "Gassoon"
Kwackboy - never having had a bike on a dyno, and with my imperfect eyesight,  can you give an idiots guide to the various charts please? Is the blue line the original, first run? What are the coloured dots?

Every dyno company will give you a before and after run and in the first graph the blue line is the before and the red is after but it appears in the last graph it's the opposite (not sure why  :shrug: ).

The dots are torque values that the software adds where gains have been made and the bottom part of the print out is the mixture line , this has to be as straight as possible although this can be very very difficult on a v-twin .

This isn't quite an idiot's guide because I'm pretty crap at explaining things but I hope this helps ..  :thumb:
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 20:21:39 »
Cheers - it has! :thumb:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi