Author Topic: Strange sound on my Wee  (Read 630 times)

Offline Woogie

Strange sound on my Wee
« on: October 14, 2013, 14:26:45 »
Noticed at the weekend when I was cleaning the Wee that when I started it, it seemed like it was struggling to rev up and was quite loud, At first I thought it may be that it wasn't firing correctly and a plug may have gone but they were brand new plugs just over 1k miles ago and it seemed to go fairly quickly plus doesn't seem sluggish when I open it up so I may have been imagining that one.  Anyone noticed anything like that before?

The main reason for me starting this I have noticed a strange buzzing/rubbing noise coming from the bike when I'm slowing down and hit the 3k rev mark or when accelerating between the 3k and 5k mark. When on the bike it sounds like it is coming from the front end when I got off and revved it a little and it sounds like it is coming from just behind the gear selector pedal, Hard to describe any better than that because I am a total nub when it comes to mechanics.

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
Re: Strange sound on my Wee
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 22:23:34 »
Are you sure you haven't got a leak in the exhaust system? To check start it up, let it tick over for a minute or so (not too long) and then place the palm of your hand over the end of the can. Obviously if you leave it running for too long you'll burn your hand, don't do that.

Any leak should be obvious as a gas escaping sound from anywhere on the system. If everything goes quiet, no leak is evident and it begins to labour and eventually stall then it's not that, worth dismissing early on though.

A crack or loose connection in the system could cause the symptoms you describe.

Offline Woogie

Re: Strange sound on my Wee
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 07:20:22 »
Ill give that a go before I leave work tonight. Thanks for the advice.