Author Topic: Questions for Suzuki  (Read 12611 times)

Offline Paul Dowe

Re: Questions for Suzuki
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 21:25:53 »
Needs Shaft, Big fuel Tank not these bloody thimbles full, when I tour I think nothing of riding 1400 miles in under two days and constantly get fed up with topping up early in case. Also adventure bikes need to be dismantled easily anybody tried to remove a glee tank in the middle of no where, many times I have had to do this when bought a tank full of water. And finally sort out the service intervals. The Adventure market is big I sell new cars for a living and the fault with every Manufacturer car and bikes is they never ask the public or Sales staff what do we need to do. If they did and BLOODY LISTEN they would get it Right first time, I get this every day with cars and what the public say is very often not  unreasonable.

Offline VStromDL1000Rick

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 21:41:53 »
Got to say, I know I will probably get the michael for this but I proper love the look of this bike, I got a thing for crows and ravens and this just screams that for me, so I will be saving some pennies for when they go below 5grand second hand lol, but as someone that won't be able to buy new but looks for what happens years later, what will be interchangeable on this model I.e. What's going to fit other models in the range or across others like the Vee and Wee. Just so I know it's going to be pretty future proof in years to come.

I'm new so if this question isn't relevant now I'm sorry  :text-imnewhere:
'You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve'
"V are family"

Offline frez

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 22:04:51 »
I'm pretty sure that if the service intervals were more than the usual Suzuki 3500 miles then they would already have made a big thing about it in their literature. Although if that's the case then maybe Kawasaki deserve my money instead.
Now on a Super Tenere having put 64k miles on a 2011 DL650

Offline samohtrelhe

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2013, 22:05:21 »
HELL it's ugly.

Well not really ugly. just one big mess.
Black metal, silver metal, Golden! front fork, one colour red on the paint, another red on the seat.

It´s for sure I won't buy it even if it goes down to 5000 brand new!
My 2012 DL650 is a pure beauty compared to that .

My major wish (after longer service intervals)
A complete redesign.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bike: CRF1000 Africa Twin
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 22:11:01 »
How many are destined for the UK

What colour options

What's the likely lead time order to delivery

Which mfr/models do you think you're up against

Is an interest free finance option available (5yrs @ 0% might explain the high price tag  :shrug:)

Will you be sponsoring any celebrity long distance rides

What is the purpose of the beak

....final comment @ £8-9k I'd consider buying one, @ £10k I think I'll wait for the lack of volume sales figures to push the price down.
I Go Down any Road There is, To see what's Around The Bend - Joe Bonamassa

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcyc ... 161e9.html

Offline Tusker

• Bike: NO BIKE
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 22:14:46 »
My local stealership is taking order for delivery by the end of the year  :shrug:

No price      TBC    no real specification      TBC    no offer of test rides, well not on the website

http://www.mmcbikes.co.uk/bikedetail.php?id=9

Offline Keith Cross

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 22:27:41 »
Too late for me, but at around £10k is cheap as long as the panniers etc are not to dear.  I have a go on a few bikes before getting my Caponird 1200 and bike with a similar spec came in at:

Aprilia Caponord - £12200 with top box, panniers, heated grips, cruise, ABS, traction control active suspension and tall screen fitted.  12,000 miles between oil change and main service.  6000 mile service is minor with no parts to replace.
Triumph 1200 Explorer - around 11.5k with panniers, similar spec, nice bike and shaft drive.  Seating position not for me though
KTM 1190 Adventure £14.5k with similar spec plus heated saddle.  Wow lots of power but didn't lke it and don't know why
BMW GS1200. £15.5k Speced about the same.  Similar performance the the Aprilia but do much money.

Suzuki colour scheme and styling is awful hopefully their will be options.

Main one is, why has it taken them so long to get this bike on the market?  By the time this bike is on the  market owners will have ether settled for the 650 (a great bike BTW) or gone to another manufacturer like I have.

Keith C
2013 Aprilia Caponord 1200 with travel pack
2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro in Yellow
2006 Vstrom DL1000GT
1990 Honda GL1500
1981 Goldwing Interstate
1966 Triumph 3TA

Offline Jay2

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 22:28:25 »
Will the engine casing paint finish be able to deal with EXTREME weather, ie. anything other than sunshine?

Strange, but no one seems to have asked about security features?  :shrug:
"If in doubt, flat out"

Offline user650

• Bike: DL650A M3 in fast white (Gen 3), DL650A M2 in fast white (Gen 3)
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 22:36:56 »
Doesn't need security at that price, to get my moneys worth won't be off the thing  :)
If It Starts Ride It
Don't Say Cheese Say Wensleydale
I'm Big on the inside, small on the outside
What happens in Wales gets told to everyone

Posh Paul
IBA Member
RBLR 1000 '18
Armistice 1000 '18
RBLR 1000 '19
RBLR 1000 '22
RBLR 1000 '23
RBLR 1000 '24

Offline Gordon T

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2013, 22:37:11 »
Why do they want us to ask questions now? Its a bit like bolting the stable door when the horse has bolted. Whatever we ask now won't change a thing. Too little, too late. Price has got to be a joke. Shaft drive? Service intervals? If you go abroad, extra time will have to be made for a service on your travels. Sorry but no thanks. BMW here I come.
Whoooosh!!!!!! `What was that?` That was your life passing by. `Can I have another go as I havent done anything yet?`........ Sorry, only one go for everyone.

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 22:37:23 »
Quote from: "Jay2"
Strange, but no one seems to have asked about security features?  :shrug:

I already have a big lock and chain. Immobilisers don't stop bikes being lifted into a van and alarms are far more trouble than they're worth.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bike: CRF1000 Africa Twin
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 22:45:27 »
Quote from: "Keith Cross"
Main one is, why has it taken them so long to get this bike on the market?

Can't see them picking that one for the VIP launch event!   lol
I Go Down any Road There is, To see what's Around The Bend - Joe Bonamassa

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcyc ... 161e9.html

Offline Jay2

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2013, 22:47:53 »
Probably starting to go off topic, but car manufacturers (many of which make bikes), spent millions and years developing car security systems that were practical and work.  Car crime went down.

Bike manufacturers have done naff all development, security still remains 'steering lock' and a rider having to spend money on chains/disc locks to stop their bike from getting stolen when they've just spent £8000-£10,000 buying it.  :crazy:
"If in doubt, flat out"

Offline Lonely Nodder

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2013, 23:04:49 »
No 1 biggy is the service intervals ( not long enough) some of us are servicing twice a year or maybe more if you do higher miles. Not bothered about a shaft drive, only ever had chain drive and is no big deal to adjust. Price is important if it's going to be 10 grand or more I might as well get a triumph for a little more.

Shame the got rid of the twin head light I do like that, also I hope they sorted out the vibration issues which come through over long distance riding.

Loving the sound of the economy if that's true.

Finally do they realise how good they made the 650 why would I upgrade.
If it can't be fixed with a hammer then you have an electrical fault.

Offline Jacko

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2013, 23:13:44 »
Price has been revealed, £9,999+OTR.

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2013, 23:18:32 »
The twin headlight seems to be popular with hayabusa owners, maybe vertical is as good as horizontal?

The new screen has tilt adjustment - that might solve any buffeting (if it exists)

Alternative luggage is a good question - the exhaust side pannier looks VERY small.

What does their fattest test rider weigh?

Offline SimonW

• Bike: DL1050XT
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2013, 01:05:08 »
Quote from: "Fat Rat"
Why did you move away from the iconic (and very effective) twin headlights
..and is the new design as effective, better or worse than the twin design?

Could we get a forum discount if several people order?

Could we get a "New DL1000 day" at Milton Keynes or somewhere suitable, exclusively for forum members? (Would be great PR for them - imagine a pic with the new DL in the foreground and all those 650s and older 1000s in the background).

When will it actually be available to purchase?

Offline Mitch

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2013, 07:04:14 »
Unless its 10 grand with all the toys/luggage fitted its punching above its weight. That is unless they have started using corrosion resistant fixings. They need to throw in free all year biker treatments for each of the first 3 years of ownership . More importantly they need to offer incentives to current strom owners. I.e. at least a grand more trade in for your old strom than you would normally get. Or all the accessories for free!!.
VSTROM - ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE

Offline Jacko

(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2013, 07:17:03 »
Ask them when they think they'll eventually get to the bottom of their container ship full of shit mirrors.

Offline ziggy

• Bike: DL1000 L4, Vespa 300 GTV
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2013, 07:26:00 »
Ali I too have been invited to Milton Keynes on Monday and look forward to the viewing and maybe have a laugh at some of the questions that may be asked. As you stated most of these questions will be irrelevant as they are way past on any changes now the bike is in production.
It may come across at the meeting of nothing more than nit picking even on the likes of service intervals because if the design has not allowed for greater service intervals there will be no greater service intervals.

I have one on order and there are incentives to order early.
It may be that mine is one of the first to visit you Ali and Denise unless you get one yourself.

:)
Do it today as there may not be a tomorrow.

Live in Rothley, Leicestershire.