Author Topic: Re: help needed. new v Strom and some problems.  (Read 853 times)

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
Re: help needed. new v Strom and some problems.
« on: July 18, 2013, 21:10:45 »
THE ORIGINAL POST HAS BEEN DELETED

It's 4 weeks old. Take it back to the dealer.

Also, it's common practice on this site to say hello on the Introductions page before asking questions.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 21:19:15 »
1. you have a fault, it should stay on one display until to click the button to make it change.

2. a few people have reported handling issues with little millage, again take it to the dealer and have them check it. I hated the oem Trailwing tyres and when I changed to different brand it sorted the 60mph+ wobble and vibes through the bars. Strange though as I now have pretty much full knobbly on the the front and both hands off the bars and she goes straight and true.

3. if you gave it a tiny blip it can sometimes dump fuel in but doesn't open the throttle butterflies, starving the engine of oxygen for the amount of fuel and engine speed. I've stalled the bike a few times giving it tiny blips and with my Deauville and even on the old CX500, and it's a common 'issue' for new owners on the Deauville forum. if it was at higher revs take it to the dealers. there are a few threads going atm where slight fueling issues after dealer service are driving owners nuts and Suzuki are aware of at least one of their own bikes have the same issues as described in the other threads.

Ride Coordinator

Offline Hugo Magnus

• Ride Coordinator
  • Bike: DL650A L3, DR-Z400s Multistrada 1260ST
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 21:30:17 »
Hello Dave and welcome,
I noticed that my mileometer kept changing but solved the problem by using thinner gloves! I had been inadvertently catching the little switch at the back of the bars.
The interruptions ARE the journey  (Ted Simon)

Ride Coordinator

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 21:55:04 »
Hope you get sorted!  :)