Author Topic: Hagon Progressive Fork Springs  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Jacksnipe

Hagon Progressive Fork Springs
« on: May 21, 2013, 20:32:23 »
Back end of next week I am having the above fitted to my Glee. As I mainly ride two up and use the bikes performance I consider this is a very good upgrade. I love the handling of the glee but feel a little more control will be afforded by better quality springs. I anticipate less dive as well on heavy braking and more ability on crap surfaces. It is an area where Suzuki trim a bit and I guess in the main it is fine but I want a bit better. I have Berndi's fork brace as well (Superb)

Incidentally young lad pulled out on me on a T Junction at the last second yesterday, I was on my SH 300 with ABS it stopped on a sixpence with a bit of ABS help, brilliant brakes and it saved a prang, lad was mega apologetic . Do not beleive all the cack that ABS hinderers retardation , I would defy any biker, without ABS to have stopped as quickly, there was no time for finnesse, it was front anchors on followed rapidly by rear in mega handfuls (Its a scooter remember)

WM

Offline 2112

• Bike: Honda 750 Transalp, Victory Crossroads 1731
Re: Hagon Progressive Fork Springs
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 21:21:37 »
A good choice of spring for the front. I had them fitted on my Vee and it made a big difference with a lot less unwanted dive on the brakes and a lot more corner entry feel. Yes, you can pay a lot more for other brands but for the dosh these are a big improvement. Keep us posted  :thumb:

P.S. I'm a fan of ABS now I've got used to it.
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Locky

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 800xc & Yamaha TTR250
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 22:26:59 »
+1 for Hagons , I have them on my Wee and they make a nice difference to the handling etc . A great fork upgrade for £80 ..

Offline Jacksnipe

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 20:23:31 »
Locky & 2112, Had the Hagons progressive Fork springs fitted today, appear to be a vast improvement. More miles will no doubt confirm this,no nodding dog syndrome on braking hard far more adjustment left in the pre loaders as well.  I went round one bend and was going a lot quicker than usual and noticeably there was no chatter which at the pace I was going would normally have been  induced. Once again today ABS proved its brilliant worth lent over at a reasonable angle on roundabout joining A38 in Derby today, when Twat in a Aston Martin went to T Bone either me or the Vauxall in front we both anchored up,  ABS kicked in as I was lent over stopped front tyre losing grip and I stopped dead managing to right the bike in the process. No doubt about it no ABS there would have been a big clattering noise as bike and rider would have hit the deck. Brilliant bit of kit and justifys me never contemplating anything other than an ABS equipped bike.

WM

Offline Jacksnipe

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 20:59:32 »
Hagon progressive Forks Springs have a brilliant effect on the Glee. It feels loads more planted and there is no more nodding dog syndrome when braking heavy. Cornering feels more stable, this already superb bike has jumped up a good few notches in the quality stakes by this fairly easy upgrade. A must have IMHO, particualry if you use the bikes performance and chassis. OK if you are new to biking it may not be nessesary but if not and you can really use the bike it definately is.

WM

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 11:40:58 »
How much did it cost? Any thoughts on upgrading the rear ?
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Jacksnipe

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 14:52:26 »
Fat Rat, Forks upgraded by a local bike shop/racer, at the business is an expert suspension builder and is ace at setting them up. The cost was just shy of £200. The main man explained to me the weak link in the Glee's suspension is down to the Fork springs and Fork oil. He says the rear unit is decent and is only worth an upgrade when it is shot. The real gain to be had is with higher quality fork springs and I can fully confirm this. As I previously stated it has really improved the bike and the forks now do justice to it, they were far too nodding dog before and feel much more planted. I beleive those that find the brakes lack a bit will not feel so let down after the fork upgrade as it helps in this area as well. IMHO a total and unequivical must have. I would have thought there would have been more interest on here on this upgrade which can really tranform a bike, unlike  a can that just makes a load more noise and adds nothing to a bike !

WM

Offline 2112

• Bike: Honda 750 Transalp, Victory Crossroads 1731
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 17:15:40 »
Result  :thumb:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 17:30:49 »
Where are you/the shop based?
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline glenbee

• Bike: Suzuki DL650 Vstrom
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 17:38:45 »
Sounds like a worthwhile upgrade and one I will look at as I do alot of 2up riding on the wee.
Good review, thanks for sharing.
Suzuki TS125/Honda CB125/Honda CB250/Yamaha RD200/Kawasaki ER5

Offline Locky

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 800xc & Yamaha TTR250
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 17:46:59 »
Spring kit is £90 with oil  http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/catalog/c ... x?TypeID=F  and its quite easy to do yourself .

Offline Jacksnipe

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 18:26:10 »
I am based near Derby, the bike shop is on the outskirts of Derby. I agree with the comment on here it is not such a big job for a handy mechanical type ( I am not that man) so I rely on the professionals. I get all my tyres and EBC Brake pads here as well. Tremendous value for money compared to a dealer.

If you want the details of the Bike shop PM me and I will forward same.

It is a noticeable improvement as a solo rider and my guess is it will be a good step up for a pillion as well, in handling, comfort and braking.

Thanks for the interest,

WM