Author Topic: New v-strom news...  (Read 7746 times)

Offline neltek

• Bike: V-Strom 650 GT 2010
New v-strom news...
« on: October 18, 2012, 22:07:13 »
V-Strom 650 GT

ex:
SV650 K6
MZ301
Gilera DNA

Offline nbsdave

Re: New V-Strom news...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 22:11:26 »
had seen that,
not sure if the beak effect will do it for me

Offline Tusker

• Bike: NO BIKE
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 08:23:50 »
The beak looks like it doesn't belong and drawas your eye to it,, put your right thumb over it on the picture and look at the rest of the bike,,, it looks great

Offline Oop North John

• Bike: DL650 M0, YB100 - 1990
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 20:45:09 »
Got this e-mail today:

We hope you are keeping well and like us just waiting for the sunshine and warmth to appear so we can go and play on our bikes!

When we last contacted you in early February, we promised to keep you informed on the progress of the V-Strom 1000.

In trying our best to keep to that promise, we would like to let you know in today’s Motorcycle News (28.03.13) they have an article titled:

'Patent Drawings Show Finished Suzuki V-Strom.’

We are able to confirm that the patent drawings shown in Motorcycle News were in fact for the concept bike you saw at Motorcycle Live 2012.

Further development of the new model is very much on plan, with your input having been considered throughout this process. Like you, we are very eager to see how the UK have influenced the final specification and styling when it is unveiled. We will let you know more information as soon as we have it! But please do make sure you are following us on our Facebook and Twitter channels too.

Thank you for your continued interest and support for the new V-Strom 1000.

Yours sincerely,

George Cheeseman
??????????
Marketing Manager, Motorcycle Division

Suzuki GB PLC

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 09:32:36 »
Motor Cycle News? Full of Shit? Surely not??? :shock:

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 10:16:59 »
Do you reckon George is his real name?

:neen:
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 11:32:49 »

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 21:01:40 »
I was chatting to a dealer yesterday who said that after NEC they complained to Suzuki that the DL1000 on show was a disappointment compared to the concept drawings and info they were provided previously. Perhaps some changes are being considered?

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 21:04:51 »
the bit that worries me is the full size concept has rear pegs welded to the fram like the Versys and BMW. I don't like the idea of a small drop and having to replace the rear half of the frame!  :crazy:

Ride Coordinator

Offline Ryderman

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 15:42:45 »
Hi All,

Saw the article in MCN - have to say if what's shown on the 'patent drawings' IS going to be the final version I won't be bothering to buy - too much like the BM, the Explorer, the Versys, the Strada, blah blah blah.

The Beak is plug ugly  :-x  - what was wrong with the 'insect look' that also had some of the best headlights around by the way - we don't all ride only during the daylight.

The point about the rear pegs is spot on -  even a stationary drop will see the pegs punch into the rear sub frame.  ###

Price rumours are anything from 10k upwards - pointless at that level. The stealers will discount heavily just to get mugs through the door, so why bther setting the price at 10k and up. Why not just make it the best bike all round AND the cheapest bike of its type around - then you might just be surprised on the numbers piling in through the doors to grab a modern ride.

Just because other manufacturers do it don't make it right or good - Living the Life, Suzuki? I think Suzuki have forgotten about that bit. Being a bit different is good and it needn't be expensive.

I would go for a test ride, to try out the new engine but that will be all from me thank you Mr Suzuki - I must be getting Victor Meldrew like but I won't be changing my ride for sure, if this is the new way 'going forward' .......  :GRR:
Vee Happy - old but can STILL bring a Grin.

Offline Locky

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 800xc & Yamaha TTR250
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 15:57:43 »
Yes the footpeg hangers welded to the subframe is a poor idea , Tiger 800 and BMW F800 GS are the same ! What a shite way of doing it ..and yes the beak is very ugly.

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 08:52:41 »
Something tells me the beak will be the subject of a redesign after the feedback.. I'm going to test ride it, but it'll live or die on its handling and mpg for me.. If that front end is a vague as it looks like it'll be, and it's a thirsty bugger, I'm out..

Offline Oop North John

• Bike: DL650 M0, YB100 - 1990
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 09:15:02 »
Quote from: "Ryderman"
Saw the article in MCN - have to say if What's shown on the 'patent drawings' IS going to be the final version  

Have a read of the post that's about 6 up from yours.  :thumb:

Offline Satsuma Mick

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 12:16:19 »
Well I'm a right idle git, so my next bike is going to have a shaft or a belt drive.  :old:

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 12:35:30 »
I can't believe how negative people are being - Suzuki has gone out of their way to point out that THIS IS NOT THE FINAL DESIGN.

Now, if you were building a concept bike for shows only would you spend a fortune designing and making rear footpeg mounts? Of course you wouldn't - you would just weld the feckers on because you know no-one is ever going to ride this bike.

Grow up, be patient, they have not let you down before, why are you so keen to be disappointed this time?

Offline Abercol

• Bike: 2016 Explorer XRT
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 10:42:50 »
:text-goodpost:  A concept bike is not a showroom bike....usually... :shy:

I'd wait for the final version as tested in an honest, balanced review by MCN before placing your deposit... :grin:

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 10:58:59 »
like MCN would give a balenced review.

but my point about the peg hangers. is valid... BMW and triumph went into production with welded hangers and Suzuki read these forums to see what people think of their ideas.
if you don't say something about a reason you wouldn't by the bike they would have no knowalge about why you wouldn't buy one.

from the concept I'd say that was a concept that could be riden. it could get a few little tweeks and some engine work and go into production. they would also be producing the bikes maybe a few months before release to press and will want some stock ready to be put into dealers.

if there is something you don't like about the bike make it know and Suzuki may pay attention.

Ride Coordinator

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 12:09:01 »
Quote from: "mr_diver"
Suzuki read these forums to see what people think of their ideas.

I can tell you as fact that Suzuki DO read this site and your comments (not all of them thankfully) DO get fed back to the factory  :thumb:
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 12:15:21 »
It looks like a 'concept' that's pretty close to the production version, everything is in place on that machine.. I'll be very surprised if I can tell the final production model apart from the concept model I saw at the NEC last year..

Offline loggamatt

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 12:55:39 »
Personally, the more I think about it the more I think they've gone in the wrong direction with the single headlight idea. They've obviously been influenced by the Versys in that, which is the wrong bike to be influenced by! Apart from anything else, it'd be nice if they kept the family resemblance to the Glee so that the bikes are instantly recognisable as what they are...

I think go for a headlight design that's more like a cross between the Glee and the Triumph Tiger Sport, and forget about the bloody beak! :)

(Mr Suzuki, if you're reading this I am willing to accept a position as chief designer if an obscenely large salary is offered)